Skip to main content

New York

I have been up since 5 but started getting ready for NY around 6. I also managed to get online and get very frustrated. I went to answer a few emails from outlook express and I kept getting message interrupted because of some stupid reason. It is inexcusable and not really welcomed at this point in time. I have a feeling it’s because I have over 4000 emails in the inbox.

Anyway, I am all dressed and waiting on Mom. I got her up after 7 and now she is having coffee and reading her paper and then will get dressed. We should be leaving here by 8:30. The ride should be 1 ½ hours to get there. I forget where we are having brunch probably close by the Met.

Well it is now 8 p.m. I have been in the house five minutes. The whole day was very cool. The train we wanted to catch was cancelled due to technical difficulty so we had to catch the next one. We were lucky enough to get seats. It was very crowded. We got into the station around 11 and called Jim and then took a cab to the restaurant. Jim was waiting for us at the corner.

We had been there an hour and ate a nice meal. I had my very first turkey burger with the fries (which I could have done with out). As it got closer to the curtain time we headed over to the Met opera house.

We had wonderful seats. Mom did have a hard time walking but Jim was with her. One of the ushers was like a hawk. Claudia wanted to take pictures of the girls in their seats and the woman was really obnoxious about it. She also was being obnoxious to Jim as well. She thought he was giving another patron a hard time about sitting and she needed to chill. The performance was two hours long. I have to admit I did doze in the darkened hall but luckily there was a display of what was being sung in front of me. There was a note in the playbill that today’s performance would be on in three weeks on PBS. After the performance we went to the coffee shop across the quad and had dessert and soda.

I mentioned to Jim that he seemed cranky and testy. What I wanted to do is to tell him to jump in the fountain outside. I even said to Mom when we were alone that he better knock it off. She tried to make excuses for it. I told her he was acting like this since we arrived. I later apologized to Jim and we were fine.

It was five when we finished there and took some pictures and said our goodbyes. Claudia and Jim and the kids went back to their car and headed to PA and we got a bus and headed to the train station.

We drove through Time Square and I noticed all the production crews setting up for the various shows for tomorrow night. We saw where Carson Daly will do his shtick and where Ryan Seacrest will be as well. We also rode by the restaurant Diane works at. The entire Square was hopping.

We got to the station around quarter of 6. We made a bathroom stop and then headed to the 6:07 train. WE ran into an old friend of Jim’s and we visited for a bit then got on the very full train. I had to stand for the first 35 minutes and then by the time the train got to Stamford I was able to sit. There were two guys who were sitting beside us and they were a little weird. One was really cranky and being a bit of prick. The other guy was fine. I chatted with them a little bit. The other guy who was a prick was anxious to get home.

Since I have been home I have been checking emails and emptying out a mailbox . I have been trying to send out emails and getting stupid messages. Now I am going to bed.

Good Night.


Popular posts from this blog

World Record

I think I broke the World record for shopping.I managed to spend 45 minutes and not break the budget for grocery shopping.I was home before 8 am.I started doing some cooking the chicken breasts should be done in another ten minutes.I have more to make.I am going to make sauce now.
I don’t think I have ever been in a store so early in the morning.There wasn’t a lot of people there at 7:15 in the morning on a Sunday.I may do that again some time.I did get a few things not on the list but still needed.Of course there was one thing I didn’t get.
Well now the chicken strips are done I tried a couple and wrapped the rest for snacks later.I have sauce going and later on I might do the roast again the right way this time.I finally decided to bring up a tray table from downstairs to put the laptop on it made it much easier on the counters.I was certain I would have to say up late but by 5:30 I was making pizza with some of the sauce and cooling the rest in a container with plastic bag.
The rain b…

Another Explosion

There was an explosion at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York this morning.  An alert popped up in my email and began the details.  They are uncertain of the origin of the explosion but evacuated a few of the subway lines.  IT's about 20 minutes East of where DIane and Rogier live (if I know my directions).    I sometimes wonder if she could feel it or see it from where she was.  I guess it’s like here.  YOu can’t always hear noises on the other side of town.
ON the upside Today is Diane and Rogier's Third Wedding anniversary!  Did I send them anything? Nope.  Do I ever? Nope.  Unless you count  FB messages!
Work is fine.  Spent the morning scanning and the rest of the day doing mail.  The couriers redeemed themselves in my eyes.  They got here by 12.  Had the normal volume of mail.  I finished by 3.  The last hour consisted of readdress mail.
Today must have been bring in food day because there is chili in one aisle and lasagna in another and I turned down both!  Only be…

Snowy Monday

I had hoped to have  missed the snow they were predicting overnight and into today.  Unfortunately it started flurrying when I hit the city. Great. I didn’t bring my boots today.  There are snow showers predicted for Milford this morning and apparently for the city. Lovely we are getting another Nor’easter come Wednesday.  

There is one thing that I forgot to mention.  A strip mall had some damage during the storm friday and I just found out that it was the strip mall by my house.  I didn’t even make the connection until a coworker said something to me this morning.  I hadn’t recognized the names or the background pictures. I thought it was in another part of town.

Work went well.  The healthlogic came early so I jumped on that as soon as I could.  It was pretty quiet for Monday. Could have been the weather or could have been weekend activities.  I had fried proscuitto, baby arugula, melted provolone, baby arugula & tomato with roasted garlic aioli on toasted sourdough for lun…