Celebrating Life

Today was about celebrating life. We said goodbye to Cousin Doris this morning at St Lawrence Church. The music was lovely and it was not a large gathering but it was enough to share the prayers and the emotions. One of the deacon’s was an old friend of Cousin Doris’s family and it turned out a friend of me and Mom’s. We knew the Deacon from a prayer group at another church in West Haven. The Service actually was very short. Short enough to allow me to get my hair appointment moved to an earlier time while everyone was at the cemetery for last rights.




I met everyone around 10:30 at the restaurant. We sat with Cousin Renee and her family. First there were breakfast food (Danish and bagels) and then we had salad, rolls, and for the main meal penne al vodka, a chicken dish and sausage and peppers. It was nearly 1:30 when we finished and headed home.



When we got home Mom and I changed out of our clothes and each did our own thing. I did some laundry and Mom made some calls and did some shopping for a couple of hours.



While Mom was gone I called Liz and we talked about her spending the weekend with Jason and Audrey as they waited for their baby Brother John to be born. He arrived yesterday around 3. Stephanie posted his arrival on Facebook almost an hour after he was born and started posting pictures either last night or this afternoon. Liz was telling me how the kids were getting anxious to meet their brother and to see how their Mom was doing. Chris even offered to help with the kids. Liz was exhausted when I was talking with her she still had many things to do as she was having company tomorrow.



Jim called to let us know that the skin cancer they found on his face is “pre-cancerous” and he will have to come back in three weeks. Apparently this is a good thing. So there is a huge sigh of relief from Mom and me.



Mom went to 5 o’clock mass and I have been grazing through the cupboards and refrigerator for the afternoon and I still have a tiny headache forming. I am still a little hungry but I nearly went through a few slices of cheese and I expect my body to thank me for it.



I also caught a little of Whitney Houston’s funeral this afternoon. I have an issue with this. It was on almost every NY station possible and cable stations in the North East. I am sorry but 1 channel would have done nicely. There were over a dozen tweets about it too. I also agree with many who feel that Governor Christy went over board at requesting flags at half staff for Whitney. She was a talented human being but that status is for Military heroes and Politicians not other celebrities. Many Celebrities were there including her ex husband Bobby Brown. Apparently there had been some trouble there. I see that one of my co-workers who is a gospel Singer in a group had the honor of performing at the funeral as well. Now that is an achievement.



There are three more hours to the Lucky Ducky NCIS marathon so I think I am going to watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited