A Fun day

Oh what a fun day. I got up fairly early but didn’t have to. Dave was picking me up around 9:30. So I slept in until 8 and the showered and dressed. Mom was still when I left.




The ride was about an hour north east. The traffic was pretty good. We arrived at Lyman and went to another place to park and too the shuttle back to the main grounds. Our first stop was the Apple Barrel store. There were small booths that had various items (pies, cookies, cakes, salsa sauces etc) to try. If I had been there longer I would have had enough for dinner too.



After we walked around there we went out to where the dog sledding rides were. Obviously that was modified because there was no snow. However, we got to meet a dog sledding group with their packs and they were the cutest and most lovable dogs ever. Some were a year old and some were up to five years old.



We watched the ice sculpturing in the tent further down. It was interesting to see how they had sketched drawings out before they starting cutting into the ice blocks but it was starting to get cold for me and so we moved on. We had lunch at the stand outside the Apple barrel.



While we were eating I called mom just about then and found out she didn’t get up until 10. She wasn’t feeling that well and apparently got sick for most of the night.



After we ate we headed back to the shuttle for our car and got on the road back to Milford. We decided to go to the movies but once we were there and looked at the selections we couldn’t decide what we wanted to see so we went to find another restaurant.



We went to Friendly’s and ended up having another meal. We used a coupon that Dave picked up back at his house before we went to the restaurant. We talked about families, friends, and activities. He even questioned me as to how long I have been watching NCIS. A conversation we have had a couple of times over the years.



We noticed the service had been lacking to say the least. Our waitress was rather loopy. In the past the waiting line was much longer not this time.



It was nearly 3:30 when we got home. Mom was upstairs working on papers and had stuff cooking in the oven and laundry going too. She wasn’t feeling all that great so she just wanted to be left alone.

I did some laundry and watched NCIS. Now I am going to bed. I have another long day ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited