Skip to main content

Leap Year

Happy Leap year Leap Day to everyone I went looking for the best description of what Leap year is and the one I found is here. I still don’t understand it myself and I am not really feeling up to reading it tonight.

Work went really well. I managed to get a lot done and got it done fairly early and it allowed me to work on some other things. It was day two of LG’s suspension and from what I was told she will be returning on Friday. I was also told she would not be following through with the suggestion to resign. It sounds like she is being defiant and I suspect we are in for a long battle with her.

Despite the day going well for me I also wasn’t feeling well. I wasn’t sure if it was the visit starting or not but my stomach was aching. It still is even now. I had lunch and dinner and neither have come up yet. I have taken Tums but it hasn’t done much.

The weather system that has been predicted started around noon today. In the northern part it snowed and along the shore it was rain. Only a few left early because they live in the north part of the state. By the time I got home it was starting to hail. They were not the huge golf ball sizes that some areas got (I sometimes wish we got those) but they came down. I think it is still raining now but I can’t hear anything.

I talked with Liz today she is fine. She had the procedure to lubricate her knees. I am pretty sure it will take a few days to see if it starts to work. Everyone seems to be doing okay.

Mom had her early morning meeting for Bridges this morning and she said it went very well. It was about an hour and I am guessing it had to do with grants and projects they have wanted to do. I found her in her office when I got home. She had been baking and talking with Jim. Her stomach was feeling queasy as well. I think she is going to bed now.


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …