Skip to main content

Today Flew By

I did wake up when I wanted to but because I had gone to sleep late I decided I would stay in bed until my regular time (that being six) I got up and got on the net and then got ready for work and then went and fed Junior.

I got to the office on time and started to get my coffee. I noticed around 8:30 the mail was ready to be picked up and so I started it. I worked on it until about 10:30 when I figured the Post office mail would come. It didn’t come until about 11:30. That sort of threw off my time frame. I stayed until a little after four to finish the post office mail and what was left over of the lockbox and delivered it. I still have to get the lobby mail I can do that in the morning.

LG came in an hour late-she didn’t realize she had to change the clock. I am serious that’s what she said to Janet. The woman has been living in CT for how freaking long? She has been alive for how freaking long? When she walked in AL was behind her and she gave us the heads up that LG was not steady on her feet (dizzy). I told EV (union steward and liaison looking after LG). I also told GC and she checked to see how she was. LG did work-very little and made a bunch of phone calls and by 10:30 was heading home. We are expecting not to see her tomorrow.

My session with Debra was moved from 4:15 to 12:15 because she had child care issues. I left the office around 12 and got there on time. I was so exhausted and then our session began. We talked about the week (memories of it were fading) but we also talked about work, budgets (I am getting a little concerned about mine). That also went by quickly.

After work I headed to Junior. She was okay. There was still some of her breakfast in the bowl but left a hairball on the floor. (Yuck!) I cleaned that and refreshed everything. I also emptied out the poop box. I had some pudding and then headed for home.

It was after 5 Mom was putting on her finishing touches of an apple pie recipe she got from the New York Times Magazine. Lamb chops and potatoes (roasted) and sweet potato roasted were on the menu. We wouldn’t be eating until 6 so I relaxed for a while watching NCIS.

After dinner Mom cleared the kitchen and then got ready for an event at the library. It was ‘Was your Mother from Ireland. The literary club went as a group. I am kind of sorry I didn’t go but I also was tired and a little achy. Mom got home about 8:30 quarter of 9.

I watched NCIS for the rest of the night and now I am going to update my health blog.

Have a great night.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…