Skip to main content

Busy Morning

I was up by 6:15 and did some banking and sent emails for the 4th District and then got ready for work.  I woke Mom up by 7:25 (she had an early morning meeting this morning).  I was out the door and on the road to work.

The drive into New Haven was light but getting to the garage was a little hairy.  I felt the YNHH shuttle drivers were a little too aggressive and not allowing me to merge.  I may have not been really paying attention and I could have been wrong...(naahhhh).

I got to the office before 8 and chatted briefly and then got my breakfast that I ordered before getting into the city.  It was a little disappointing.  It was a breakfast burrito.  a little stale and soggy.

There was some mail from the post office waiting for me so i opened that and worked on the readdress mail until the lockbox came.  The Volume was light and that allowed me to work on more of the re-address mail until the second wave came.

I was shocked and dismayed last night when I discovered that Weatherman Geoff Fox was once again fired from his job as weatherman.  Apparently he made some inappropriate comments and someone reported him (apparently he wrote something on Facebook or Twitter).  I am dismayed that he would make inappropriate innuendos on the social media (its public jackass).  IF he wrote it in his blog that’s his first amendment rights.  His blog has been taken down but he still has his twitter and Facebook pages.  I have unfollowed him from twitter.  I guess its true that employers will take measures when their employees do things with the social media and blogs.

There is OT tonight and I will be there to do scanning.  Mom will be at her Bridges awards night at the Yacht Club.  She told me the last time she was there the food wasn’t good and she was hoping it would be better tonight.  I am going to stop and try to do some Christmas Shopping. It won’t be much just Becky’s Gift and Christmas cards.  

I won’t be able to watch any of the NCIS tonight.   By the time I get home it will be late.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…