Skip to main content

First card of the CHristmas Season

When I got home from work today I found that I had received my first Christmas card of the season.  It was from TinaD in OK.  Her online name is Calico (at least that’s what I remember it being during the HTLJ/Andromeda Fandoms.  I think she may go by her full name now.  I first met Tina online in the various incarnations of the HTLJ Forums in the mid to late 1990’s  Then it moved to the ANdromeda Universe In the early to mid 2005.  We actually met in person at the Trek Expo of 2001.  We were attending the Andromeda fan fests while attend the trek Expo 2001.  It was the best time.  It was my first and only time going to any entertainment oriented Convention.  Ever since then we send holiday cards to each other and we have reconnected on Facebook.

When I got home Mom had been out shopping.  WHen she came home she a few things from Bed Bath and beyond.  She went back after church as well.  I spent the time watching TV and relaxing.

Mom and I did our own thing for dinner.  I also did some odds and ends (updating an eight page birthday list that needed tweaking).  It keeps growing and growing and i have had this list for years now.

I got a late start on my laundry.  I did maybe two loads for now and the rest will be done tomorrow when I get back from my morning activities.

I took my medicines (albeit late) and not sure the plaqenil kicked in yet but it seemed to have.  The lower extremities seem to be doing okay.

I have a lot more to tell you but right now I need to get to sleep


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…