Christmas Day 2012

Greetings and Merry Christmas!  It has been a rather busy morning.  We woke up early I walked the dogs Early and then called MOm.   She had just gotten out of bed so she didn’t know which way was up yet.  I told her I would meet her at the church.    

Admittedly I was feeling better than yesterday but I could feel the headache coming back a little and my stomach not so well.  I did some laundry and got online for a short time.  I showered and dressed and of course left for Mass later than I wanted to.

When I arrived Mass had barely started I was hoping to walk in at the side door but when I heard the music and first few prayers I went to the back of the church and found a seat towards the front.  I was trying to find Mom but she was on the other side and sitting with Nelson.  I was able to get her attention at the sign of peace.  We met up after Mass and chatted.   Liz did wonderfully as she read the readings for the mass.

By the time I got to Liz and Nelson’s the sun was out.  It had started out cloudy and apparently it had snowed a little during the night.  We had coffee and chatted for an hour.  We talked mainly about the party last night and who had been there.  We also discussed Mom.  It was Nelson’s turn to give me the “You need to step up to the plate” speech.  We all agreed that Mom is looking frail.  She is also looking more and more like her mother.  Nelson made some comments about JIm and I defended Jim.  Neither of them seemed to be offended by what I said .  I also told Liz before I left that I try my best with Mom in all aspects and she realized (this week) that it is true.  When she is ready.

It was nearly 1 when I got to the house.  Mom was in the kitchen and Jim was barely awake reading the paper.  After a while we opened presents.  I got a lot of nice things including from Liz and Nelson and I am so aggravated.  THey did get me gifts even after she said “no gifts for us”.

So here is a gift List:

Mom a beautiful fur coat (probably not very real) with a hood and comes to mid-waist.  
Liz and Nelson:  DUnkin Donut K-Cups, Furry Socks, an NCIS 2013 Calendar.
Kristina, EMily, Jamie: a necklace with My Initial, and a watch.
The Dolan family gave me Erica O’Brien Sweets & Body Wash. & Socks

Now Mom is cooking our dinner and we won’t be eating for another hour or two.  Jim is resting (he isn’t feeling well) and I am hopefully going to get these THank you notes written out.  I am not sure if and or when DIane and Rogier is coming but I have their gifts in the car if they are not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited