Skip to main content

The Weather outside is Frightful

It really was very windy out and the rain was cold.  Traffic seemed okay except for being behind a truck with very bright lights.   Walking from the garage was sort of like the Wizard of Oz.  Very windy.

I finished up  yesterday’s mail and then started working readdress mail until the post office mail came.  It was just about then I left for my appointment with Debra.  She called to move it up an hour.   We talked about Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.  

The sun came out for a short time and I do mean a short time.  By the time I left for the day it was windy, sprinkling and cold again.  i was glad to be going home by the end of the day.  

I was finished with the daily stuff by 2.  I worked on the postage tallies and cleared off one of the desks of the campus mail that had been collecting for days for the other floors.  Judy and I were discussing the re-address mail.  She wants to help me or go through the mail herself and see what can be done with it.  She will be in on Thursday and Friday.

When I got to the pups they were waiting for me.  They barked and of course Preston did his territorial growling.  That’s until I sat down with him on the couch.   Our re-acquainting session went well.  I went to see Packy and he was very welcoming.  He rolled over and let me scratch his chest.  I am  happy to report they didn’t leave me any “gifts”.  Nancy had left me a three page note of instructions and such and to let me know that Packy didn’t do his poop session this morning.  so we went out and no sooner did we get out that they both did their respective jobs.

Once that chore was done came in and fed them.  I actually need to freshen their water.  After they were fed I was able to checked emails and such.  After a while I headed home.

Mom was upstairs getting changed into her pajamas and I took the time to iron some clothes and got a bag together.  I checked more emails and paid some bills (basically Mom) and did some online banking.  Mom made homemade meatloaf from fresh ground beef.  We had potatoes and salad.  We had various discussions on grooming (no I am not into sharing that), dinners for upcoming stay here. All the fun stuff.  I got my things together and headed for the door.

Just as I was leaving to come back here Nancy called to see how the pups were doing.  I gave her a sit-rep.  She was very pleased.  they were just arriving to their condo from their flight.  

I am going to have to w/draw money early next week from the credit Union so that my car insurance isn’t revoked.  I have to discuss with them access to the site as well.  I am not really worried-really.

The pups went out for their final duty call.  Now they are playing in the other room and I am going to get into my pajamas and then watch TV for a while.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…