Been here an hour

I have been here at work an hour already and haven’t gotten much done.  The scanner I usually use I can’t remember the password (its supposed to be my password but its not).   So I have to use Mama Joanie’s.  It certainly was easier to log on.

Funny I got up by 6 and got online and then got ready for work.  I managed to leave before 7:30 and get here by 10 of 8.  I don’t know why I find that funny.  I guess each day is different.  Depending on traffic and perception I guess.

Mom was just getting up when I was leaving.  She is planning on spending the day doing paperwork for the boards she is on and also more personal budget work as well.  She saw the doctor yesterday and she got a good report about the pancreas.  It is stable.

It is now mid morning.  I have made a few trips to the ladies room and to the vending machine to find something to wake me up.  I chose Coke and Fanta.  I have done about 14 batches so far and some have small number of pages while only one had over a 100 pages.

This past thursday the students from Sandy Hook Elementary were welcomed at their new yet temporary school from town and elementary school in Monroe Connecticut.  They also got a visit from Former Congresswoman Gabrielle  Gifford from AZ.  Well the families who lost relatives.  According to the reports she didn’t give a speech but just hugged the families.  Governor Malloy and the State legislatures will be looking to revise the current gun laws on the books.  

I have also some of the travel blogs on in the background I would like at least one day write about my Canadian trip to Niagara Falls.  I always get side tracked. Maybe one day when all the other stuff is done I will sit down and write it up.

I called Dave this morning but I had to leave a message.  I want to give him his gift from Christmas.  I didn’t have it with me the day of his party and I was rather embarrassed.  I am not sure what he is doing this weekend.

Noon time rolled around and I checked in with Mom.  She was doing board work as I expected but she didn't feel as though she was getting a lot done.  I didn’t stay on the phone long.

I also called Sis she had been housecleaning and was tired.  She also started swimming every day so that takes a lot out these days.  She also told me that a high school chum passed away a couple of days ago.  She was diagnosed a long time ago with Lupus before it was as well known today.  

Tomorrow is Baby Lucas’s Christening. Obviously we haven’t been invited and that’s okay too.  I have financial obligations that need to come first.

It is now quarter of four and I have been home an hour already.  I stopped and talked with one of my former supervisors and current friend.  We were talking a long time and we were talking about where her son lives and I made an offhand comment about safety in and around where she lives.  SHe was offended by the remark..  I apologized and left it at that.

The next 45 minutes I worked on the scanning.  i ended up scanning like 40 batches.  I cleaned up Mama Joanie’s desk and headed out the door and then too the garage and headed home..  

The ride home was uneventful.  I got home just about 2:30 and chatted with Neighbor Don and Princess Lilly.  We talked about the games they like to play and the wood cutting project ahead of him.  He also saw the damaged bumper.  He says its cosmetic.  I have yet to call the garage.

WHen I came in I found a notice from the Insurance company.  When I came upstairs with it in my hand Mom insisted I open it.  I had told her what it was.  It was exactly what I thought it was.   I get it every time I make a payment.  I have yet to get the actual cancellation notice from them anyways.

It’s after 5:30 now.  Mom had gone to the store and to church.  I had my lunch and vegged out in front of the TV and spent time on the computer.  I also called Roberta.  We talked about the email and the woman who has decided to step back from the woman’s club along with her daughter.  Teh woman claims its because of scheduling conflicts I think it was because her son was yelled at by PJ for taking pictures..  Her excuses were lame.  We also talked about club history with problem members.  
Mom is now looking up recipes and figuring out what we are having for dinner.  I am not exactly hungry as I had an open faced cheese sandwich and some cake..  

I haven’t touched my “to do list” and I have some more files to update and emails to go through but I just don’t feel like it..  Ah well that’s life.  I will try to pop in before going to bed. in a few hours.

Comments