Didn't Snow at All today

Well  it looks like the local weather forecasters over reacted to the snow.  It did come overnight but it was not a lot.   From my fellow statesmen it would the same for them as well.   The current temperatures in Milford right now are mid 40’s  and will remain this way for the rest of the week.  That much they had said late last week.. 

I stopped at D&D this morning and there was no waiting to speak of.  I told the girl who waited on my that Kristina works at a D&D in Allingtown.  When she asked me how she likes it I said “she is 17 how do you think she likes it?”.   It cuts into her rather short visits here  and I would imagine it can be frustrating at time yet liberating because she is getting paid.

I showed up at the nursing home close to 9:30.  I went directly into the nursing home and visited with the residents and then started getting coffee.  I had to get the key from the nursing supervisor . 

WE got started late because well I am not sure why.  We had the nice woman from Christ the Redeemer provide us with Communion.  We then got to playing and we played for the entire hour.

After cleaning up I left and head to the picket line to chat with them for a bit.  They are just waiting for the Judges to sign off on the injunction that was in place.  There are things that need to be done from the top level of the union (such as make sure everything is still in place for them financially).

I  got to church late (gee what a shock).  The parking lot seemed very full to me and at first I thought it was something going on (such as a christening, baptism) but as someone suggested it was parishioners resolutions to come back to church. 

Anyway it looks like Liz was right about the Pastor deciding to close the church hall  on Sundays.  I hope I can explain it as best as possible.  The church hall is attached to the attar and if there is no room or you have children crying or in my case you are late you can slip in unobtrusively (usually) it has been used for as long as I have been attending the church (read: years and years).  Now Father Aiden is trying to save money where they can (ie heating the hall) and promoting the spirit of the liturgy.  So the early morning masses on Sunday (crack of dawn and after dawn)  that would be 7 and 8:30 the church hall will be closed.  I am thinking that in time it will be all the masses,

As I said Father Aiden is hoping to make a number of changes and he has already.  He is hoping to add  a children’s Mass to the schedule (like every other week).  I actually kind of like it. 

When I got home Mom was in her office.  Her printer has for all intensive purposes  died.  It is the hard drive.  She didn’t know it at first  but after a visit from Don and when it happened a second time and her spending a lot of time with HP it was discovered the Hard drive crapped out.  All in the middle of her paperwork.

The afternoon has been spent doing laundry and hanging the shower curtains.  I had to put them up because Mom wanted me to.  (I am sparing you the reasons behind it).  It took me a while to take them down and then when they were washing it was hard putting them up. 

I have a feeling I am going to be up late doing the laundry.  I really didn’t want to but  they are going now.  I guess I have done about 4 loads today (and some are smaller than others).

In a short while Mom and  I will be having Shrimp and Crab cakes with Rice for dinner.  It was so spooky because when she suggested I had been thinking about it earlier.  Really spooky.


I did have a great conversation with my friend Mardi.  We talked about the weather and the Flu outbreak that seems to be grabbing everyone.   We really want the snow.  Speaking of weather the temperature is supposedly at 40 degrees. 

Okay I am going to check the laundry and I will try and stop in later on before going to bed…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited