Family Night

Last night was family night.  I had been checking messages on facebook and found one from a cousin on  my Dad’s side.  She was sending me her address.  Then I got a message from an old friend of Bob’s that was sending condolences. I sent a message to my nephew Rob (and ironically no response yet).  Then just about dinner time Liz sent me a text to my email account informing me she was in the hospital with pneumonia.   Then Ethel comes over for impromptu dinner and then we get phone calls from two of the Coulombe cousins.  I also had gotten emails from Lisa R asking  if we are still attending the little guy's birthday.  She wanted to know about Chris and his kids I couldn't answer.  

Earlier this afternoon I had called Mom for a second time and got an update.  Liz has been put into isolation and can’t have visitors.  Mom’s annoyed as she feels Liz should have been to the doctor’s sooner than this.  It was a little unnerving because you don’t know what is going on and crazy things start popping in your head.

I left the office a little after 4 and headed home.  I stopped at the two Chris’s house to see Sawyer and Simon.  They immediately started to whine when they saw me.  So I spent some time talking with their “Dad”.  After a while I actually came to the house and by then it was 5.

MOm and I talked while she cleaned the pans she was  using to cook some eggplant.  She had about an hour to get ready for the Literary club.  We talked about getting the cake done and she said she would do it when she got up in the morning.

She left after six and after talking with Liz.  Liz sounded stronger and is feeling better but will be in the hospital until Monday.  I have been relaxing between phone calls and TV watching.  Nelson called about 30 minutes ago and this is what he said:

“Liz is feeling better but having a hard time breathing; the birthday party for Nelson 3 has been canceled because Jr and son are both sick.”

This outbreak (flu and everything else) has gotten everyone.  I am going to try and get to bed early tonight and do my chores before leaving tomorrow for Telka’s party.

Comments