Had a lot of fun

Hey everyone I hope your Sunday was pleasant.  Mine was good.  I managed to get about 5 or six hours of sleep.  I got up at one point got the clothes out of the dryer and turned the heat up and went back to bed for another 45 minutes.

Mom was already reading her paper when I got up.  I was still very tired and we talked a little bit about the game plan for this afternoon. After that discussion I came upstairs and did some web browsing.    Then I got ready for bingo.

I noticed I couldn’t find a set of keys I usually use.  I have looked all over the place and still haven’t found it.  Kept looking after the game and can’t find it.

I got to the nursing home after 9:30.  They knew I was going to be late but I also stopped at the picket line.  When I got in Matt B was waiting and so was Angela.  We chatted and she gave me an orange and then as the time got closer I chatted with the others.  Helen from Christ the Redeemer came to distribute the communion.   We had about 10 or 12 people playing and a few of them were feisty.  My Tolerance level was being stretched as it were.

After bingo I went to church.  As usual I was late.  Part of the reason was I was chatting with the Nursing home receptionist Claudia.  She was showing me pictures of her new house.

When mass was over I called Roberta to get her advice on when to serve the coffee.  She said we could have it much later and that was good enough.  She did tell me that Carol and Gary had to back out because their daughter got sick.

When I got home Mom and started putting some things out, I had a bowl of cereal and She went shopping and came back long after we had started the games.

Everyone started arriving just about 2:30.  Before sitting at the table we sat in the living room and talked about GPS, coupons and restaurants.  The K’s didn’t come until 4.    Roberta gave them the wrong time.  We all got different things. For me I had gotten a salad, and I shared half of a calzone with Debbie.

Mom came home sometime around 3:30 or so and had lots of stuff.  She did most of the unloading.  It was kind of funny.  I wasn’t really sitting in a position in which I could keep getting up to help with anything. 
Anyway, after we ate we continued to play the game.  We played until about 8 and then we had dessert and talked a little more.  I was telling them about this woman at the nursing home who was from West Haven and nasty as could be.  Well it turns out she was Dan & Diane’s cousin.  They both agreed the woman I spoke of is very mean.  I was really embarrassed.

After everyone left I finished cleaning up as much as possible (Charley helped out a lot before he left) and then came upstairs to watch TV, and try and find the keys (no such luck).    I am hoping they may be in the car some where.

Telka sent me a picture of her and some one who was a guest at a martial arts competition and she says it was Kevin Sorbo.  It didn’t look like it to me but what do I know?  Its been years since I actually saw him and the last time I saw him on TV was on the “Doctors” show.  I think it may have been Martin Kove. 

My anxiety about Tuesday’s meeting has lessened for now but to be honest it actually comes and goes with the little effort.   That’s why I enjoyed not worrying about it during the games.  I did mention it to the gang.  It felt good to verbalize it.  It wasn’t the first time today I did it either.

Well I am going to go to bed.  I will see you all tomorrow.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited