Skip to main content

Had some crazy dreams again

I was at a party and I was supposed to be keeping an eye on a baby (I am thinking it was Grandma Cheryl’s baby boy) and kept misplacing him.  I didn’t recognize the house but i could hear people's voices that I recognized.  I woke up around 3.  It took some time for me to fall back to sleep until I heard the alarm.  I ended up staying in bed until quarter of 7.  

Since I stayed in bed that long I was sort of running around getting ready.  I sent out some emails while getting ready to leave.  

I ended up leaving after 7:30 and getting to the office by 8:10.  I quickly said hi to Mama Joanie and then started on the mail.  The mail was fairly light and I was finished with all of it by 2:30.  This allowed me to spend a lot of time on the re-address mail and online. (shhh))))))

Lots of things happening at work.  University wide we are preparing for the departure of President Richard Levin.  His replacement President Elect Peter Salvoy is having a town hall meeting sometime next week.  It is to get to know each other.  A new University Provost has been chosen and he is the current chair of the Economics Department.  His name is Benjamin Polak.

On Monday Dean Robert Alpern announced the new CEO and Deputy Dean of the Med School  He is Dr. Paul Taheri.  According to the email sent out on Monday.  Dr. Alpern stated that Dr. Tahari will be” responsible for the management and leadership of all aspects of the school’s practice. He will be charged with establishing a strong management structure and maintaining a high-performing clinical operation. Working with the department chairs, faculty, and our clinical partners, he will lead the development and implementation of initiatives to improve and standardize clinical operations, enhance revenue cycle operations, and optimize clinical space utilization.”  Dr. Taheri will begin in March.

The new billing program known as Epic is supposed to go live in February.  It is supposed to interact with the hospital and other medical facilities under the Yale New Haven Health and YMG umbrella.  Training has been going on for a while now.  As always there are people who don’t understand it or find it difficult while others love it.  My training session is from 8-1 next thursday.  I am not exactly sure how it will work with my job (actually it might make it better) but I am willing to learn.  It just will throw my mail schedule a tad off.

Oh and as of today there is no overtime for now on Weekends.  BAsically it means for now there is no OT period.  Management also made Mama Joanie and JanetN leave an hour early because they started an hour early this morning.  HR was playing around with the OT about ten days ago apparently.  They were going to tell us that if we take personal time out and then have OT that same day we couldn’t do it anymore.  Our current contract allows us to do that.

We had a lovely visit from former State Rep Dick Roy tonight.  He actually came for our 4th District meeting (but that’s next week).  So he told us of his plans now that he is no longer in the Chambers.  He will be busy.

I have a small load of laundry going right now.  Actually It is soaking for now.  I have NCIS on right now and in about an hour the season premiere of Suits.  So I will see you all tomorrow.


Sounds like an eventful time with a lot going on!!
Kate said…
Absolutely.. ;) How are things with you? Did you get any more snow?

Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…