Had some crazy dreams again

I was at a party and I was supposed to be keeping an eye on a baby (I am thinking it was Grandma Cheryl’s baby boy) and kept misplacing him.  I didn’t recognize the house but i could hear people's voices that I recognized.  I woke up around 3.  It took some time for me to fall back to sleep until I heard the alarm.  I ended up staying in bed until quarter of 7.  

Since I stayed in bed that long I was sort of running around getting ready.  I sent out some emails while getting ready to leave.  

I ended up leaving after 7:30 and getting to the office by 8:10.  I quickly said hi to Mama Joanie and then started on the mail.  The mail was fairly light and I was finished with all of it by 2:30.  This allowed me to spend a lot of time on the re-address mail and online. (shhh))))))

Lots of things happening at work.  University wide we are preparing for the departure of President Richard Levin.  His replacement President Elect Peter Salvoy is having a town hall meeting sometime next week.  It is to get to know each other.  A new University Provost has been chosen and he is the current chair of the Economics Department.  His name is Benjamin Polak.

On Monday Dean Robert Alpern announced the new CEO and Deputy Dean of the Med School  He is Dr. Paul Taheri.  According to the email sent out on Monday.  Dr. Alpern stated that Dr. Tahari will be” responsible for the management and leadership of all aspects of the school’s practice. He will be charged with establishing a strong management structure and maintaining a high-performing clinical operation. Working with the department chairs, faculty, and our clinical partners, he will lead the development and implementation of initiatives to improve and standardize clinical operations, enhance revenue cycle operations, and optimize clinical space utilization.”  Dr. Taheri will begin in March.

The new billing program known as Epic is supposed to go live in February.  It is supposed to interact with the hospital and other medical facilities under the Yale New Haven Health and YMG umbrella.  Training has been going on for a while now.  As always there are people who don’t understand it or find it difficult while others love it.  My training session is from 8-1 next thursday.  I am not exactly sure how it will work with my job (actually it might make it better) but I am willing to learn.  It just will throw my mail schedule a tad off.

Oh and as of today there is no overtime for now on Weekends.  BAsically it means for now there is no OT period.  Management also made Mama Joanie and JanetN leave an hour early because they started an hour early this morning.  HR was playing around with the OT about ten days ago apparently.  They were going to tell us that if we take personal time out and then have OT that same day we couldn’t do it anymore.  Our current contract allows us to do that.

We had a lovely visit from former State Rep Dick Roy tonight.  He actually came for our 4th District meeting (but that’s next week).  So he told us of his plans now that he is no longer in the Chambers.  He will be busy.



I have a small load of laundry going right now.  Actually It is soaking for now.  I have NCIS on right now and in about an hour the season premiere of Suits.  So I will see you all tomorrow.

Comments

Sounds like an eventful time with a lot going on!!
Kate said…
Absolutely.. ;) How are things with you? Did you get any more snow?