It was really cold

The Temperatures dropped during the day and when I left the office I could feel it.  It is supposed to get even colder tonight and for the next few days.

When I got into my pajamas I also put a t-shirt on and warm socks.  They are going to keep me warm tonight.  I will also be putting the extra throws on as well.

Today was incredibly busy but successful in getting things done.  All the daily stuff was done by the time I left at 4:15.  All that’s needed is some attention to the readdress mail still sitting next to my chair. 

I spoke to Lee-Ann briefly and told her how I had been feeling and the conversations I overheard.  She said don’t worry about it because they were discussing how behind the finance/cashier’s are with the money and work that comes to the floor.

 Well I think part of the reason is they don’t have enough supplies to keep it going (they are constantly in need of those clear “plastics” to put the batches in.  It is not unlike my problems when I have to readdress the crap that comes to me.  I run out of the inter-office envelopes quite frequently and that’s because of the volume of mail and the fact that a lot of people come to me to use them.  Sometimes they take more than I really like.

I am afraid I did some damage to the front end of my car this afternoon.  I was asking a security guard from the garage a question about payment methods and after I left I scraped hard against a railing and it did some serious damage to the fender.

One of my journaling list buddies replied to the post I had last night but it isn’t showing up in my outlook.  So I think its time I started clearing out some stuff.    Right now its going to be threads that are from today all the way back.  Over 751 threads/discussions all the way back to 2011.

I got an email from Telka today .  Part of it was the phone squad messages that I need to deliver but the other part of it was  to forward an email from one of members who informed Telka that because of schedules they would not be participating as much.  This woman is about as stupid as one can get.  You see when we did the sing-a-long last month at the nursing home PJ  one of the Recreation Staff reacted strongly to Karen’ s son taking pictures of the residents.  Karen felt that PJ over-reacted but she says that’s not the reason she and her daughter are stepping back from participating.  Its because of the schedules becoming  cluttered.  That’s just flipping  BS. 

I wrote back to both Telka & Roberta and told them Karen is being unreasonable about the picture taking considering she has/had family in a nursing home.  I also pointed out that the facility being scrutinized for their labor practices and their ability to run the facility  have a right to protect the residents.  I fully understand where PJ is coming from.  I don’t think PJ had to apologize.  We have been told time and time again that we can’t take pictures of the residents when we do events.  So far no response yet.

Well I am going to have some warm milk and finish the thank you notes before going to bed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited