Skip to main content

New Years Eve Day

Well I have been here for nearly 45 minutes.  It’s quiet except for the occasional whirring of machines.  Susan and PattiM are here and I have signed in with Patti.  Today is also month end.  It is the same every year.  Our Month end and Recess occurs at the same time.  I seem to remember that we usually make the monthly goals at this time of year.

I have been up since 5:30.  The pups were very patient with me when I changed the sheets on the bed (me think they had made their deposits in the other room).  I got the garbage out including the broken glass from the picture.  They stayed on their bed(s) longer than I was expecting as I was trying to get cleared up.

I started off the day with re-address mail but didn’t get far.  I remember the mail from downstairs that was delivered over the weekend and got that at the same time as lockbox arrived.  I really worked my ass off.  Courier Jim arrived incredibly early (thankfully) with the us mail.  Courier Mack didn’t get there until 11:30 and I was really starting to get anxious.  I really wanted to leave by 1 and at this rate didn’t look good for me.

The Lobby mail that arrived today arrived just as I was getting ready to leave.  I asked Susan if I could do it Wednesday as I really need to leave.  WHen I talked with Patti she could tell I was having a moment of Anxiety.

Part of the reason is I over heard Joel from Finance saying something about getting behind.  My mind raced.  I was sure that she was referring to a conversation I had with her last week.  I was thinking they were also talking about the pile of junk mail-okay mountain of junk mail on the floor by my chair.    Patti said or reassured me I was fine.  I would like to believe that.  I even told her I worry about my job.  I have known Patti my entire time at OPS/YMG and she has always been fair and wonderful to me.  It is quite possible I was becoming over tired and worried about getting everything I needed to do today done by the time I went out tonight.

When I left the garage I went to the store in West Haven and picked up the ingredients (again) for the dip Mom was going to make.  Would you believe at my age I couldn’t remember what constitutes as 1 lb of cheese?  I knew I was in trouble then.  A really nice lady helped me.  I got the crackers Mom wanted (actually she said get what I wanted).

After what seemed like forever to check out I drove to the bank and got money out for dinner.  I came home dropped everything off and then went to the pups.  I walked them, fed them, burped them (and played) with them.  Found out they also left me packages in the far corner of the office.  During all this Nancy and Olivia sent messages they had arrived in Hartford and would be home.  

I was home by 4:30.  MOm was too.  She thought there was a 4:30 service there wasn’t.  She tried again at 6.  While she was out I got showered and dressed and watched TV.  A short time later M&R arrived and we were off for the evening.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…