Skip to main content

Long and Busy

Good evening everyone I hope you are doing well.  I am very tired and still not feeling completely well. The shoulder is getting better but I still have some pain in the lower back (and when I am in the cold air and walking fast) and or when I yawn.  Although I did find I was able to lie down this afternoon with little or no problem.  I am not sure what that is about.

I went to work this morning for a few hours and got a lot done.  I was hoping to get there fairly early but after last night’s crappy sleep fest.  It wasn’t prudent.  Getting to the garage was somewhat of a chore.  I was hoping to park near the building but that wasn’t the case.  Public works was also doing some major snow removal at the intersections and caused some what of a delay.

After work I went to the nursing home for the Valentine’s Delivery.  The club every year makes home make cards to deliver to the residents of the nursing home (120 residents).  We then pick a day (usually before Valentines Day) and deliver them.  We were supposed to do it last week but because of the weather we couldn’t.  I found them upstairs waiting for Dr. Telka.  She had just spent time with a woman who turned 100 earlier this week.  We decided to serenade to her the Birthday song.  She was wonderful if not altogether with it.  We had to finish the rest of the wings and the first floor.  We were finished just after 2.  We stood around in the recreation room while there was another activity going on.  We talked about the storm and vacations.

After I said goodbye to DR.Telka (and the last of the girls was picked up) I came home.  Mom was no where to be found (she had been shopping) so I grabbed a make shift lunch (bread) and watched TV for a while.

Mom came home around 3:30.  I decided to take a relaxing bath and get into my pajamas.  Mom went to church.  After the bath I went back to bed and watched TV until Mom came home.

We had decided to have soup and sandwiches for Dinner.  She had home made chicken soup and made a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich on some Trader Joe’s exotic bread.  Do I really have to say it w as delicious?

While we had dinner we watched our regular PBS shows.  After dinner I headed back up stairs to watch NCIS.  It is still on now.  I think there are three more hours of this marathon.

We are supposed to get more snow this weekend.  (Whoopee!)  When I was leaving this morning there were flurries but stopped mid day.  The sun came out for a while too.  Late this afternoon the clouds rolled back in.  I wouldn’t be surprised if I looked out to the street lamp and see it snowing.

Tomorrow will be probably another full day of volunteering, family time, and church.  I also have to get ready for the week ahead.  I have to pay some bills this weekend too.


I hope your shoulder and back get better. This snow probably isn't helping :)
Kate said…
Thanks I hope so too. I really don't want to take time for the doctor. I personally think its COPD and I was diagnosed with that a long time ago but it went away (I thought).

Did you get a lot of snow? We got another couple of inches during the night..

Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …