Skip to main content

First Weekend of Fall

Good Evening. I have been told this is the first weekend of the fall thanks to the news lady on channel 8.   It was a chilly start and not really bright sunny at 7:20 in the morning.  I was not feeling so great.  I have been having the runs a little and I am not sure exactly although it wouldn’t be a huge surprise to think it was the chips and dips last night.  I was feeling rather achy today.  The shoulder is hurting and as soon as soon as I had something to eat I took the meds.

The neighbors next door put up a fence.  It’s the one between their garage and the kitchen wall.  He came to me a couple of days and showed me where they were putting it and they were taking down the Rose of Sharon bushes.  They can do it because it’s on their property. The fence is nice and it will look nice.

Around 11:00 I left for the post office-empty, then I headed to the salon.  It was Karen’s birthday so we were treated to cake and coffee.  We had a great discussion and got my haircut.  I will post the new look tomorrow.

After I headed back to the house to get my id’s I headed to Liz’s to go shopping.  She invited me before I left for the salon. It was nearly 1 and after I said hello to Nephew Michael he was working on the new bathroom.  All that has to be done is everything connected and painted and stuff it will be done.

We went to the Burlington Coat factory Store in Stratford.  We were there for several hours. We each got something.  For me it was a blouse, a pair of black pants, a new dress for the baptism (and anything else nice) a coat, and a new pocketbook.  Liz got blouses and dresses, and a new coat, and hangers and stuff like that.  We left there by 4 stopped at D&D and then got home to Liz’s by 5.  I left there after about 15 minutes after showing off my “loot”.

When I left there I had every intention of getting the cat food and then have dinner.  Well I had dinner first at IHOP the crepe promo they have been showing on TV.  I had made it a combo with hash browns, sausage, and eggs.  I had a strawberry shake (I could have done without).  I was done by 6 and heading home.

The babies were ambling around the downstairs when I get home.  A lot different than when I left which was in the closet in the bedroom.  They were cuddled up.  Something I wouldn’t have minded to do myself.

I managed to get food shopping done and hung up stuff.  I have the other things to hang up when I get to bed which will be soon as I am achy again.  I also closed some of the windows as I am chilly.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…


I am very tired right now.  I ended up sleeping on the couch last night when I saw a creepy crawly centipede (long legged type) on the ceiling and my boy trying to attack it.  I don’t know if he ever got it but I did look when I came up to get dress.  I didn’t see it.
I am feeling pleased with myself this morning (toot toot).  I finally made the tomato sauce I have been wanting to make for the past two weeks from All  It wasn’t all that hard to do. I started preparing it around 5 and turn it on as I was leaving.  It should be ready by the time I get home.  I posted about it on FB…My cousin’s Wife Becky liked it.
Work has been good so far busy as usual.  I checked in with LAS and she told me the services for FC are on Thursday I found the obituary but it is completed yet.  I will be taking the morning off and I may come back by lunch time.  It will be in Cheshire.
I found out that starting this week until we are caught up I will be scanning every Thursday and Friday all day.…