Skip to main content

Monday Musings

Weather:  This morning was a little overcast but lovely throughout the day.  The temperatures didn’t go past 70 degrees.  There was a quick rain shower before we left the office but the sun was out as we left and it was a little humid. 

The moon seems very big tonight.  There are clouds covering it and it really looks like a Halloweens feel to it.  I didn’t watch the eclipse last night but many did.  I saw it starting when I went out to throw the garbage out.  It probably will be the las time we see the moon for the next couple of days. 

Tomorrow afternoon we are supposed to have thunderstorms well into the evening.  I am not sure it will help the drought we are currently in.  There is a lot of things I am not sure but I heard the report this morning.
  1. A commute the morning commute wasn’t bad but I didn’t leave until 7:20.  The afternoon commute however different story.  I think it had to do with the reopening of the Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge today.  However it was opened over the weekend I think.  So I don’t know what the big deal was.

    B. busy but didn’t seem like I got a lot done but I try not to worry about it.  There is no shortage of work that’s for sure.  We found out that our co-worker is retiring in November.  She walked around announcing it to those who she thought of as friends and teammates.   Her reasons were the stress and morale were not decreasing and things at home are getting overwhelming.

    C. I touched bases with V & A regarding the Facebook Debacle.  They were surprised to hear I was reported.  They both agreed it was an innocent mistake.  I did ask a few others and they either didn’t think anything of it or laughed about and they also felt it was not a very nice thing to report me.

  2. Pen pals I received a lovely letter from Pam in OK.  I will be writing her soon.  I still have many letters to catch up on but by the time I want to do it I get tired and my energy wanes big time.  That was one of the reasons I was going to stay up was to write at least a number of them.  It’s not going to happen tonight.

  3. Kitties:  They are doing pretty well tonight.  They have been very quiet and spending a lot of time on the bed.  They didn’t come down right away when I got home so I had to go and see them.  I found Sky in the closet and Tiger on the bed.  They usually are running around the house but they aren’t tonight.

  4. Dinner:  On the way home tonight I decided I was going to make spaghetti for dinner.  Instead I made baked chicken wings.  I put some vegetable oil in a green dish and then patted the wings dry (and pulled a couple of feathers off/out) I placed them in the dish and sprinkled Mrs. Dash on it.  I put in the oven at 370 for 40 minutes.  The rest are wrapped up for another night.

    Well the dryer bell is going off so I am going to go and fold them and then go to bed.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …