Thankful Thursday September 24, 2015


  1. Thankful for my family warts and all
  2. Thankful for my Sky and Tiger
  3. Thankful for my job and coworkers who are my extended family.
  4. Thankful for the friends I have in my life.
  5. I am thankful to the doctors helping me manage my health and who got me through the latest health scare.
  6. I am thankful for the season changes. 
  7. I am thankful for the pen pals I have and making new pals.
  8. I am thankful for my home.
  9. I am thankful for the organizations I am part of.
  10. I am thankful family continues on the road to recovery for each of their health challenges.



Well since its Thursday it is day four of being back at work.  It has been a long week I think.  I am constantly working at getting the piles down and continuing to keep current and semi organized.  I made the call to the Employee service center to discuss the future and retirement.  She referred me to two other teams that would be able to help me out figuring out if I should do more with my TIAA Cref and my retirement funds and everything that includes.  There is one more day and more phone calls to make no doubt.

Today the furnace was given its yearly “physical”.  The guy was here before I left and got last minute instructions and reassured me he would not let the cats out.  I couldn’t help myself on the way to work.  I kept thinking they were going to get out and I wouldn’t find them.  Well they were fine when I got home.  Anyway, it’s cleaned and ready to start up soon.  I am not sure when I want to start the furnace up as it gets a little warmer during the day still.  I just realized it was this time last year I was starting to put the furnace on as it got colder. 

I met with Debra today it was the first time we have actually seen each other in a month.  It’s been phone sessions mostly because of the health and scheduling.  Even though we talked last week we focused more on the upcoming Benlysta infusions and how they are going to make me feel.  We talked about work, family, and of course the cats.  Our next session is going to be on October 1.  It looks like we will be meeting on Thursdays from now on too.

I haven’t heard from the Sleep study Center yet.  I don’t know if I should call them tomorrow or not.  I am really anxious to get this done and over with and soon.  I don’t think I have any appointments next week except for Debra.

I heard from my pal in Australia this morning.  Mary is having tough times right now as her father had been in the hospital.  At the same time it looks like she will become a grandma very soon.

 I still have several letters from Donna, Diane, and the others to write and that’s my intention this weekend.  Saturday is fairly quiet activity wise.  I can focus on these letters and manage to not feel so guilty.

Dinner was take out from Outback.  It was steak, steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, and the bloomin Onion Ring.  I can feel its effects on me already.  It was delicious of course and easy to clean up from.

Well I need to go to bed as I am getting tired.  I hope you all had a great Thursday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited