Skip to main content

What did I do today?

This morning after I posted my previous blog entry I managed to get the clothes folded but not brought upstairs.  That I can put off for now.  I probably will have more to do on that front.

I managed to call the Mayor’s office to find out where to send the proposal Lawn-guy provided for me last week.  The nice lady transferred me to the sewer commission and I had to leave a message.  Shortly after that she called me back and told me to send it to her and she would forward it to the consult.  I am going to mail it shortly after my shower. 

I then did some pen pal work.  I found a new e-pal from Alice and Rebecca’s Pen pal Groups on Facebook.  That’s when I had computer problems.  The thumb drive I had the revised intro letter wouldn’t work.  I tried it on both computers.  I lost my documents that I had been using.   So I had to update the one I had and sent it via email to the new pal and will save it (eventually to the pen pal file on Google Drive for the times I need to email it.  I also organized the pen pal folder on it.  I renamed it to Pen pal folder and moved all the individual pen pal files into it.

When I messed up on the thumb drive I thought I would do a virus scan check on both computers.  The one on the PC upstairs is still going.  The one on the laptop finished a couple of hours ago and there are no problems.  The thumb drive (I really hate this one) is currently sitting on the floor where I threw it.  Apparently I have been not “ejecting” it from the computers right.  Now I don’t have any thumb drives and have to wonder how do you reformat one when you get it?  Now I have to start all over on the birthday list and password list I was working on.

I also paid some bills.  So I am caught up for now.  I have a few due next week.  It should be fine.

I got a call from my financial advisor that helped me set up the mutual funds I have an appointment on Friday morning.  This couldn’t have come at a better time.  Its something that Liz has been wanting me to check on.

I also did some cooking.  I was looking to find roasted potato recipes and I found some but I needed shallots, and garlic.  I have neither one.  However, I prepared the pork loin to be cooked.   The roasted potatoes will be have to be for another day.

I have a large cookie sheet and put oil in it and then opened the package and realized there were two in it and oiled them up and seasoned with Rosemary, Thyme, and a lot of Mrs. Dash.  The directions said to cook it at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes per pound (I am thinking an hour and 20 minutes).  I have some frozen vegetables I can cook up.  I am already getting a list for the Grocery store ready.

I talked with my family today.  I sent a text to Jim to let him know how I did with the mayor’s office.  He was pleased by that and offered to get a transmittal letter.   I didn’t think there was a need for it.  I called Liz and told her about the FMLA being approved, the proposal submission (neither of these I told her about earlier in the week).   I also told her about the financial advisor appointment.

Now I am going to run to the post office.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…