Skip to main content

Halloween 2015

Today is the final day of preparations for tonight’s merriment.  In the last couple of years I haven’t been handing out candy.  I just didn’t feel like it and I know I would be eating the candy.  I would like to not go through a lot of candy this weekend as I did last weekend. As it is I ate quite a number of them this week.  I am addicted I know it.  

The weather pages says that the sunrise isn’t for another 20 minutes.  What I don’t understand in my 50 years is then why is it light out now?  I could see the sun on the horizon and its daylight.  I know I just wrote the same thing (I always do).  Wouldn’t sunrise be when you first see the sun? I don’t seem to be grasping the concept very well this morning.  Maybe that’s because I slept on the couch last night. 

Yea I said I slept on the couch last night.  The kitties were lying at my legs for a good long time and every time I had to go to the bathroom I had to move it got to be annoying for me because I kept thinking I was waking them up and bothering them.  Yea they got up themselves and played too.  They were very good about not waking me at 5:30.  I actually got up at 6:15 and did my and their rituals.  When I thought they came up to my bedroom I decided to come up.  They were not there yet but that’s okay because I think I may go back to sleep for a bit. They have been chasing each other around the house.  I am sure they will be up here sooner or later.  I don’t plan on going out much today.

I finally heard from Liz late last night.  I had called her when I got in because I received some stuff from Medicare for Mom but she didn’t call back and when I didn’t hear from her I was getting a little concerned so I sent her a text.  She just got too tired.  She said I could drop the papers off anytime. She asked me if I had any side effects from the infusion. She also is going to the theater on Sunday.  I will stop and see her that morning if she isn’t too rushed.

I heard from Jim late last night.  I sent him a text to say good night but he had been out with friends watching “The Shining” he said it was scary.  I know it was supposed to be on the Sundance channel but I couldn’t remember what night.

I wasn’t planning on doing any food shopping this weekend but I may have to.  Some of the fresh vegetables are not so fresh anymore and I am afraid that the second half gallon I haven’t used yet isn’t fresh either. 

I got my car insurance bill yesterday.  All I am going to say is I hope my insurance agent calls to let me know there is another insurance rate that will be better.  It’s like $1400 plus.  If I do it in two installments it will be $700.  I may do it in four installments. 

I got another bill from the EMS Company that took me to the hospital back in March.  I need to get it in the mail today.  I forgot to put it in there on the way home.  I tried to get them to resubmit it to the insurance company but they already did that.  Which reminds me I better put it out.

I do need to get some letters written today.  I am starting to get a little anxious about it now.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…