Skip to main content

I got to see him

Shortly after I posted my last entry my sister called on her way back from our sister in laws house letting me know all the kids were there (my Brother Bob’s kids) were all there to help pack the house up and put stuff in storage.  Ethel was still having pinched nerve problems so guys were there to move and pack.  There is still a lot of stuff in the house.  I hopped over there and spent a short time there.  They had a lot to do.  I did get to visit with them and John. 

John caught us up on his wife Heather who is attending school back in Florida and taking care of their furry family including a recently fostered Bassett hound they got from a guy in his unit who is having marital problems of sorts.  I am not sure if h is a close friend or not because they think he is making some bad choices in his life concerning his marriage.    Let’s just say the guy is a glutton for punishment.

After I left there I went to the card shop and got some cards and stockings.  I also got some chip dip.  I had one of the jars during the afternoon.  I will get the cards ready in the morning while I get ready for the Baptism.

I have to confess I didn’t do very much today.  I had the TV on and it was watching me while I slept for a while.  The kitties found their own spot to sleep as well.  Of course since then they have been lounging.  I had the spicy rice.  I didn’t feel like cooking.

I do have to straighten up the house a little now.


Popular posts from this blog

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…

Jeans Day

This is becoming my favorite day of the week.  It's the day we can wear jeans to work.  It is a day to be comfortable but still be functionable and get work done.  Today it may have been a little too comfortable as I found my falling asleep a number of times at my desk.  Today was a little bit of mail and the rest of the day was scanning.  It went pretty well with a few glitches.  I have put in my time for my appointments for July.  I have taken all of Wednesday off and that will be explained in a moment.
I went to the food court outside the hospital for lunch and got some chinese food.  It was pretty good.  THere was a concert in the courtyard next door.  It was great listening to the music.  It has been a long time since I saw those there.
I have to admit I am still not feeling completely well.  I had my dental checkup yesterday and it looks like i am having a root canal done next wednesday..  It hadn’t been hurting for the last few days until they began to poke and prod it.  Hone…