- I am thankful for my family warts and all.
- I am thankful for my friends.
- I am thankful for my neighbors
- I am thankful for my job and co-workers who are my extended family
- I am thankful for the Medical profession who are taking care of my health.
- I am thankful for the organizations I am a part of that keep me busy.
- I am thankful for the weather
- I am thankful my brother in law continues to recover from a very long and painful summer.
- I am thankful for my home.
- I am thankful for my kitties.Another busy day has passed. I left here shortly after 7 and managed to get to work just about quarter of. I started early on some of the work. I did the readdress mail for two hours, opening the mail when it came in and continuing to add to the readdress mail, I sorted EOBs and delivered some of them. I am glad it is pay day as there are bills coming due.Even though traffic was not bad today I am going to try and start taking the train in to work. It would mean I have to leave no later than 7:15 and go to West Haven train station. It’s a ten minute ride and it would include having to connect to one of the shuttles that the university has there. IT may also mean taking the hospital shuttle or even the bus that way. In the past few days the traffic hasn’t been the greatest even if I left early enough. With the winter coming up I would like to be able to find viable alternative methods instead of actually driving in it.I realize that I have to drive from home to the station and if the weather is bad it could lead to delayed schedules, roads not ready to be travelled etc. I could save myself the 150 dollars for the monthly parking. Although I just found out that parking at the station is six bucks daily and free at night and weekends.After work I headed up to Debra’s office for our session. Man it felt like years since we actually saw each other and it has only been two weeks. I made a list of things I wanted to cover with her (instead of jumping around as I usually do). We talked about work, Health, Facebook, and the family.She found the whole Facebook incident amusing yet she felt bad for me for the moments of embarrassment and the hurtful “friend” who reported me. She did like the fact I can laugh about it now.After the session I headed back to the car but not before stopping at Kelly’s for dinner. I had been there a few times for various functions. I was hungry today so I decided to come here. I started off with their popcorn shrimp, then I had their Quinnipiac Steak with seasonal steamed vegetables and twice baked potato. To wash it all down herbal tea. It was fairly expensive so I may not do that again anytime soon. I probably could have chosen a lighter menu but I will do differently next time.After dinner I really did go back to the car. It was after 6 so I had about 30 minutes or less to get home before sundown. I barely made it. When I got in the kitties were on the stairs wondering where the heck I had gone.They have been running around playing with their toys and now sound like they are settling down again for the night. Well not quite. I can tell they have been playing in the spare room as the blanket is bunched up.I emailed my Cousin Mandy in Upstate NY today wondering how close her supermarkets are. She had been recovering from a serious broken leg and depended on friends to pick stuff up for her. I suggested or asked if her stores provide the home delivery. The only ones she has close by is IGA and something called PG. (I am wondering if that’s Price Choppers). Anyway neither of them deliver. I think they should now that a number of them do. However, she is starting to get back into the car so she doesn’t have rely on anyone now.I have some clothes in the washing machine and as soon as I put them in the dryer I am going to bed. I have to be up early.
Thursday, October 08, 2015
There was an explosion at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York this morning. An alert popped up in my email and began the details. ...
I had hoped to have missed the snow they were predicting overnight and into today. Unfortunately it started flurrying when I hit the city...
I am constantly misplacing things. Receipts, pens, credit cards, books, pocketbooks. I put them down somewhere or just drop in a pile s...