Skip to main content

As one Holiday Closes

Well Halloween 2015 is officially over.  If I read my Facebook friends correctly the trick or treaters ranged from 1 up to 30 kids at a time.  I checked in with Liz and she had 8 including her grandson Nelson and granddaughter Olivia.  They closed up shop around 8:30. 

Now that this holiday is over we now look forward to the next couple of holidays.  The first is Veteran’s Day.  Obviously it’s the day we honor our Veterans who have served in the Military.  There will be many events around the country and around the city honoring the Veterans.  As you might remember the woman’s Club will be having their annual Veteran’s Program next week.  The venue will be in a different Nursing home as we couldn’t come to terms with a time or date for the one we usually do it for.  (is that vague enough?)

Then of course the biggest holiday that begins the next huge holiday and that would be Thanksgiving.  I have made reservations at Stonebridge one of the most popular restaurants in Milford for ten of us.  I usually start the Christmas cards by then. 

I chatted with Jim via text yesterday and I asked if he had talked with his kids about coming up and they will check their schedule.  If they do come up he wants to get a room at the hotel by Outback Restaurant at exit 41.  I wanted to get the rollaway bed and my old room cleaned up so the kids can stay here.  I still may do it.

I also asked him if he was giving out candy he wrote he had other plans but he was going to leave a dish of it out for the crowds (can’t say kids anymore) but from what I read again on Facebook some people could take the dish with them.

The weather this morning has been cool and rainy.  We must have gotten some showers early this morning as the road looked wet and the leaves were all over the road.  It is supposed to be cloudy all day.  If I didn’t have things to do outside the house I would stay in my pajamas and do what I normally do (Veg) but I do have commitments and letters to write.

Sky having no concept of time change what so ever (when did he ever?). Woke me up at quarter of 4 I think.  I managed to stay in bed until 6 again.  I knew both he and Tiger would be hungry.  I got them fed, got my coffee, and cleared out the litterboxes.

Now they are both sleeping.  Tiger on the rocking chair in the back room and Sky in the spring mattress.  Earlier he had been meowing/crying to get somewhere and it just wasn’t happening.  I did let them both in the cellar for an hour and was quite surprised Sky came up when I called.  Tiger came up by herself.

Well I have an email to my niece Kris to answer so I am going to go for now.  Have a great day…


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…