Skip to main content

Thanksgiving 2015

Today has been turning out to be quite a day.  I got up early to feed the cats and have coffee and do a few odds and ends that have ended up being “done”.  

I called my sister and got an invitation for coffee so I quickly showered and dressed and high tailed it over.  Expecting to see my nephew already there.  He came later with our Cousin Greg.  He is a very talented musician in the local music landscape (Between Providence and New Haven).  He is having dinner with his brother Chris and his family.

We spent nearly two hours talking about family, and history, and relationships.  I guess its stuff that every family does at one time or another.  I left there just about noon just to be home in time for Jim.

I had sent a message to Jim thinking he had left his place at 9 and he tells me he hadn’t left yet (it was after 10 by this time) and he would be alone.  No kids.  He should be here by 2 pm.  This was rather disappointing because I was really looking forward to seeing James JR.  I really wanted James to see the cats. 

I left Liz’s around 1 I think and had a quick lunch and hung out and waited for Jim.  Sure enough a little after 2 Jim arrived safely and we spent the next hour chatting and talking. 

It was around 3 when we got ready for Dinner.  Everything looked fine until my stocking ran and got a hole in it.  NO one could see it so I left it that way.  Usually the holes dig into my legs but not this time.

We were the first to arrive the very packed restaurant.  We were seated at our table and drink orders were taken and breads eventually taken.  I think Ethel and her band arrived around 4:30.

Over the next couple of hours we ordered from the special menu.  There were appetizers I didn’t want any of (a little expensive I thought).  We spent the next two hours talking and laughing and sharing jokes.  Here we are at the end:


I think it had to be about 6 or 7 when we got home we got changed and into our pajamas and watched of all things The Godfather.  The kitties were nearby.  Sky was roaming and Tiger was sitting in between the loveseat and the couch.  After a while I came upstairs and watched the first of the Mummy Trilogy.  Eventually the kitties came round too. 

WE got a call from his daughter Emily who was clearly upset.  Her father was talking with her for a long time and then I got on.  She was really missing Mom (her grandmother).  I guess she had gotten the holiday blues.  I have a feeling it’s much more than that but it’s the only way to explain it.

It was nearly 10 when I went to bed….


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…