Enjoyable Afternoon

The Gift Delivery was pretty good.  Since it was our first time doing it at the new place (new for us).  There were some “hiccups”.  There was some question as to what would or could be given out.  The young man there a bit confusing us in directions.  Again it was suggested by our alumni that hats and socks be the only choices next year.  I couldn’t agree more.  It’s a waste of time and money on our part if we can’t give the stuff out (it was cologne, toiletries).  After the activity R, T, M and I went out to lunch.
WE followed T while she dropped one of the girls off at Private Community off of E. Rutland Road.  It had been a long time since I had been there and we have had friends over the years live there.  It was beautiful.  Then we went to Mama Teresa’s for lunch.
We spent the next hour and half eating and talking and laughing about stuff.  We talked about travel and life in general.  It was a lot of fun.  I got home about 2:30-3.
I called Liz to let her know  I was still going to be later than planned for me to pick up stuff for today’s  Luncheon but as a result I got an invite to pizza party (for 4) for my nephew’s birthday (he is 41).  So this allowed me to relax for a bit and take care of stuff.
Around 4 I got a phone call from my friend Nancy to discuss the details of the week.  We discussed feeding times, walks, and new tenants and security stuff.  She asked what my plans were and I gave her my itinerary and that I would have to check in on the cats and stuff.  The whole thing didn’t take long.
After the call I manage to relax for a bit longer and then went to the store for cards and then headed over to my sister’s house.  They were full card game mode when I got there.  We chatted and almost got sassy with each other and Liz apologized later.  She has a habit of saying things to me that are unkind.  Like all siblings do I would imagine.  After we ate I headed out to the mall for shopping.
I didn’t go far and didn’t shop for long.  I started off at Target and saw nothing I liked as far as coloring books and stickers for the kids.  I then headed to Dicks for a gift card for Chris’s son.  I realized I had to get gift cards back at target and got them.  Including the I-Tunes for Jim’s kids.
After that I headed to Michael’s Art Supplies (I am sure there are many near anyone who reads this) again I wasn’t all that enthusiastic with the volume of coloring books but I managed to get several for $1.  I did get some stickers and felt stickers.  I am probably going to split the stickers up in between all of them.  I won’t do that until its closer to the day. 
Since I decided I wasn’t going to participate in the ornament swap I decided to skip Pier one and headed home.  I also decided that the rest of the gift cards would be bought on the way home from the luncheon or in the next few days.
I have to get some gift cards from the bookstore, Wholefoods and Macy’s, and Chefs, and Old Navy.  I just remembered I need to go to Lowes or Home depot.  The rest of the older kids in the R branch aren’t getting gifts this year (not because I don’t want to do but Liz has been pushing me not to have to do it).  The ones for Macy’s and Whole foods and bookstores are for the P branch of the tree.
When I got home the kitties were roaming around and so I cleaned the kitchen up a little took care of the litterboxes and swept the bathroom up (a lot of good that did).  Watched a little of the NCIS marathon and the end of WOZ then went to bed.
It was a while before I got to sleep though.  I was sniffling, and my neck was bothering me and I was coughing (not a good sign).  I took meds and eventually had no problem sleeping.  That would explain my need to sleep more today. 
When I got up it was almost 6:30.  The kitties were very patient I thought.  I got up did the regular routine, got them fed and had coffee and went back to sleep on the couch until 9:30. 
I am keeping my eye on the clocks so I am not late to Cheryl’s.  I will do the cards later though I just feel like relaxing and doing some more sleeping.  I think that could be the Zyrtek.
Well that’s all the news for now…have a great day.

Comments