Skip to main content

Messy day but not as bad

Today was messy but not as bad as they the weather forecasters has said it would be.  I got up around 2 this morning and noticed the ice and slush (to me it looked like snow)and by the time I was ready to take Preston for a walk it was raining more than anything.  It wasn’t anything Preston wanted to be out in and so our walk was cut short.

This gave me an opportunity to head back to the house and check on the kitties.  They were wandering around the downstairs when I came in and seemed like they wanted to be fed.  Actually Sky was tiger took some time coming down.  I fed them and got my coffee and got their boxes cleared out.  I made sure I spent a little more time with Tiger as I remembered what Mardi had told me in her recent reply to her blog.  Kitties don’t like being alone...I have to say SKy followed me around and rubbed up against me alot. and Tiger came on to the couch with me and they did like the attention.  

While I was there I filled out some papers and watched TV even though I swore I wouldn’t.  I had to leave by 9 to be in New Haven for a CT-Scan.  I showered and dressed and was back out the door by 9.  

The Drive to New Haven was not bad.  I got to the parking garage and was on my way to DR.  I am really glad I parked in the garage.  It wasn’t that far of a walk to DR and they validate parking.

The drive back to Milford was equally good.  I stopped at the cardiologist to drop of the long overdue FMLA papers for him to fill out and sign.  He won’t be in until after the new year.  They will hopefully call me when they are available.  I will then submit them when I get back.  I first have to find the number to fax them.  I am pretty sure the number is somewhere on the other copies.

I stopped at a Deli near the house and got lunch and dinner.  Sausage and Onions sandwich and pasta salad with Deep River chips.  What is Deep River chips you ask?  They are Potato chip company out of Deep River Connecticut.  They were featured on a local newscast last month as highlight of trip.  After I picked them up I came home to Preston.
I had gotten word from Olivia her boyfriend was going to stop by today and pick stuff up for her.  When he arrived we talked about the holidays and my adventure with young Preston.  Olivia has got a nice young man for a boyfriend and i wish them well.

After he left I continued to watch TV and almost fell asleep.  Spent most of the afternoon doing that as well.  So it was a fairly lazy day.  

I know it's only Tuesday but I can’t help feel this week/recess is going by so fast. I always think the week goes by fast but this time more so than usual.  There is a few more days of 2015 and the next weekend is 2016 and a busy one at that.

I will talk more about that later...for now I gotta see what Preston is up to.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…