The Weekend


It was very foggy Friday morning and it didn’t cause many problems.  It cleared out by lunch time and then sun for the day.   The temperatures got into the high fifties.  Again very different from last year.  Saturday was in the 60’s and sunny for part of the day until about 1 when it clouded up and a shower.

The literary club party was lovely.  The home they meet in is very nice.  It reminds me of the Baldwin Sisters house on the Walton’s TV Show.  There was a wide variety appetizers and cookies.  I ate it all (not surprised).  This was more of a social gathering than discussing the latest book.  Maureen tells me that they meet every two months instead of the monthly meetings.  Maureen is looking to get back to the old way of socializing as well. 

Friday night was the Knights of Columbus Christmas party and it was a lot of fun.  Lots of food.  We sat with friends and classmates and we had a great time.  Santa came for the kids and of course Liz and one other was Santa’s helper.  I left sometime after 8 and was home a short time later.  I was pretty tired by then.

Jim contacted us on Thursday and told us he had a health event earlier this week and had some tests and would be going in for a procedure yesterday.  It turns out that he got a pace maker implanted.  He had x-rays early on Saturday morning and was home late Saturday afternoon.  He was still uncomfortable when we both texted him so I am hoping he is okay now.  I sent him a text early Sunday morning but I think he was still sleeping.  Which would be a first in a long time.

Saturday morning wasn’t feeling well myself I had a headache so after feeding the babes and cleaning up a little I went back to bed until about 11:30.  The rest of the afternoon was very full.  I had my hair done around 1:30 and was late for the Gift Delivery.

The gift delivery was really odd.  This year we had to “censor” what we gave the residents.  Usually we give gifts that range from various toiletries (shampoos, body washes, luffas, razors, etc.) well this year we were told we couldn’t give them certain items and we had to take them out and just give certain things to them and the rest to the nursing staff.  Apparently some of the residents have been known to eat, and drink them.   So now for next year we are going to reevaluate the gifts.  It would have been nice to know in advance this was a new policy.  Dr. T wanted me to make sure that I let the Rec Director know we did what they wanted us to do. 

When I got home I ordered pizza and sat down and watched TV for a while. I was excited to see the original Star Trek Movies were on.  I was hoping ST 4 would air but alas no.  I didn’t watch the 5th one.  I did watch parts of Rudolph.

This morning I am trying to get the labels done for more Christmas cards.  I am hoping to get at least two pages more done (that means about 60 more cards done).  I am also doing laundry and getting that done for the week.  This afternoon is Bingo.  I have nothing else planned except the cards.  Maybe some shopping.

The kitties are exploring the closet in my old room and I can hardly wait to see what it really looks like in there.  I am hoping that during the recess I may clean it out.  Sky slept with me most of the night and Tiger slept probably downstairs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited