Skip to main content

Monday Musings 1/25/2016

Well it was still cold and icy.  i was running late this morning so I defrosted the windshield with the can of de-icer and it fogged up  the windshield.  I was a little annoyed.  Luckily it cleared by the time I got to the highway.  The roads were not bad at all once I could see them!  I think I may have read there is more snow at the end of the week not as big as this past weekend.
Work seemed to have that hectic feel to it.  I didn't have much mail so that allowed me to finish the refund checks from Friday and work on more that was given to me today.  I learned something fairly new with the epic note system.  I think it was something I should have known when I started too.  Sai Leve!

I got a call early in the afternoon letting me know my grocery delivery would be delayed due to weather.  I had called Roberta earlier in the day to ask her to wait for it for me around 4 so I called her back to let her know.  She called back before 8 to see if it got delivered okay.

The guy who came tonight was the epitome of professionalism.  He came a few minutes early at first he thought he gave one of the items I ordered to a previous customer.  I was already to write it down to make a complaint.  Luckily for him he found it but then was going to give me cereal that I didn't order.  IT was mislabeled but turned out okay.  I told him about the last couple of sessions.  I think some would feel that I shouldn't have said anything to him but to the Customer Service department.
I made a folder on the laptop so that I can keep track of the emails but I don't think I can save them to the laptop.  I don't know what I am doing wrong but like Liz's project with the post cards I will keep working on it.  I may have to just do it by copying it to word or something. 

I got a lot of good stuff in the mail today.  My official FMLA papers which I have put in the folder to be filed.  I got my new official Stop and Shop card and stuff.  I also got my paperwork from the new credit union I joined including the debit card.  Sigh that could be dangerous in of it self.  For starters trying to activate is a challenge.  I keep pressing the wrong numbers on the key pad for it.  I guess I can do it tomorrow right?

I was talking to my sister this morning and like I said earlier she was trying to make post cards on the computer and it was a challenging for her but she is working on it still.  Anyway we started talking about Baby Alexandra's party.  I thought it was next week and my sister says its still a long way off.  I was sure it was this coming weekend.  Long story short I was wrong.  When I found out I was wrong I called her back and told her about it.  She got a little silly over it. 

This is good news because I still have time to get a little gift for the baby.  It is my attempt at putting some thought into gifts. At least for the children.  I have to see if I have any other familiar birthdays.  Actually I do but that's for another day.

My brother has been sending some really funny cat lady and pet related videos and articles and some of them are quite funny.  I am not sure who is becoming more of a crazy cat owner him or me.

Livia really did an awesome job on the house today.  She even did the floors.  I don't know if she does everything the same way every two weeks but you could tell she did something different or in addition too.  As always I will try and keep it up. 

Well I actually have to get going the sheets Livia took off my bed need to be washed and I don't want to start leaving piles of clothes by the laundry area.  I don't want to have huge piles of laundry to wash come the weekend either.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…