Monday Musings

Today we are celebrating MLK day.  A day in which we remember the man for his works in the CIvil Rights movement.  He had been taken away too soon.  We have come a long way from that time period.  Some would argue we haven't.  Just look at places like Chicago, LA, Virginia.  Some where some ones rights have been violated.  Yes we have come a long way but we still have miles to go.

The snow is still on the ground but I don't know if more had fallen yet.  I got a strange text from someone I didn't recognize saying that the roads were bad and she went back home and would be in late.  I sent the reply and they apologized for the mix up.  I had no problem with it just made my decision to not go out in it--yet.  The sun is shining and the plow just came down the street.

I made some phone calls today.  The first one to the Nursing home to schedule the Valentines Delivery activity for the club.  It was simple.  It will be on February 6 at 10:30 in the morning.  OF course she asked what we would be delivering and I told her just the hand made cards the clubs made.  I let Telka know the date.  So the next date will be for the other nursing home in Derby.

I called Liz so that we could get together.  She has some things to do up until mid afternoon so she will call me when she is available (or coming over).  I guess she is going to skype with her grandkids down in NC.  She loves to do that.  It makes up for not getting to see them as much as she like.

I have some letters to write so I can mail them and so that's what I am going to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited