Skip to main content

This Week

This week has really gone by fast again.  My hope is to have tomorrow Friday off for the long weekend.  I am still waiting on Supervisor to approve it.  I hope he will when he gets in from a meeting.

Work has been good.  Been able to work with the epic system logging in the refund checks.  I basically keep up with things.  I haven’t heard any updates on the negotiations for the newest contract.  I am sure we will be getting some soon. 

On Tuesday I submitted the FMLA stuff to the leave coordinator.  I hope they review it and let me know when (and soon) it is approved.  They will probably email me or send me a formal response home.

The DTC caucus went well our immediate district has ten open seats bringing our number to 33 but currently have 24.  Including a woman who joined that night.  There are new rules about registering for the DTC.   The new slight is voted in at our March meeting.

Our first District Meeting is the 21st and the general DTC is the 28th.  We will vote the new member in at the district meeting as well.  For all intents and purposes we will be starting the next campaign season (Presidential and Representatives). 

Wednesday was a long day between work, and the health coach and the Woman’s club meeting.  Courtney gave me some exercises to do a couple of times a week and we discussed making better choices with food.

The woman’s club meeting went well.  Did get some disturbing news that a major Children’s organization w/d money from our club’s account electronically.  Both Dr. T and the treasurer is looking into it.  We don’t do things electronically and quite frankly disturbs me as we haven’t dealt with them since 2011.

We discussed The Beth-el Shelter dinner we will be doing in March, the fashion show, and of course Dr. T scheduled the Creative Writing Contest Reception for May.

We got the snow Tuesday into Wednesday.  Some areas got the snow early in the day but it started in New Haven around 10 and finished in my area by 2 or 3.  The snow stayed on the ground until late last night.  We had a snow dusting this morning.

Everyone in the family is doing well.  No major catastrophes or health problems.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…