Skip to main content

Yesterday felt like a Saturday

I have to say that yesterday felt like a Saturday to me.  I left here around 9:30 and headed to the first Credit Union and closed the account.  They were accommodating that’s for sure.  They even put the money for I was paying for taxes in a check form for me.   The teller also said I had until the end of the month to pay that as well when I asked him if he knew how big the line at the tax office was (it’s in the same building different wing).  So knowing that option I headed to the new credit union.

That process took a while.  First the directions took me too far into New Haven Allingtown area and I knew it was not around there.  So I went on memory and when I was unsure I called Papa Mike just as I called him I found it.  I learned I should have made an appointment because the paperwork and data entry would take too long.  I am not sure exactly when she saw me but it was nearly 1 when I left.  They chatted with me and offered me coffee while I waited.  I was given a good package and look forward to being able to grow with them.   The only thing is I tried to access the webpage from home and it wasn’t working.  I didn’t go on the last webpage much anyway.  The statements will be going to my email anyway.

After that was done I headed to China Pavilion for take-out.  While I was waiting I chatted with the host there and had a great conversation.  About his life here and does he visit his family back in Vietnam. 

I came home ate lunch while the kitties were doing their own thing (read: can’t remember what they were doing probably sleeping) and shortly after that that’s what I was doing.  I napped for a bit then did some surfing and worked on the laundry.  Actually some of it is still there. 

My groceries came around 3:30.  I am not sure what I think of that.  I specifically said 4-6.  The more I think about that the more annoyed I get.  There is a reason why I wanted it between those times.  What if I had decided to go run an errand or go see Liz and Nelson?  They would not have left it and they would have come back.  They also didn’t have the chicken I wanted.  The rest of the stuff was there. 

After I put those away I watched TV and it was about 5:30 or so I decided to order pizza.  It came about 6:30.  I chatted with the delivery “Kid” about the last situation (they didn’t have delivery people) and it would seem my street is the cut off line for that particular store.  He asked what you can do.  I said go to Woodmont pizza…J

Unfortunately I was disappointed in the pizza. I thought I ordered a small pizza with sausage and onions and what I got was plain.  I checked back and I messed up on the order.  I have to be certain to check what I am doing the next time.  It was good though.

The rest of the night was fairly quiet.  I chatted briefly with Jim.  He was watching the Harry Potter movie so I didn’t want to interrupt him.  I did get the feeling he was having a tough day.  When I said I love you after the other message about talking tomorrow he said something that made me think he was having a bad day.  He said it was half joking but I reassured him I know he loves me and tries to be a great brother.  We will probably talk about it later today.

I got into bed early to watch TV and settle in for the night.  Not realizing how much time passed.  The kitties were racing around like the Kittie 500 and eventually settled down with me.

I slept okay…still have the strain in the neck.  I took my meds and then can’t remember when I fell asleep.

This morning they woke me up at the normal time and I managed to stay in bed until 6.  Fed them had coffee and laid on the couch and started to doze again.  Watched more TV and now will start to get the litterboxes really cleaned.

Other than that my day or our day will be quiet.  I hope to get to the letters I got here but other than that don’t have to go out for anything. 

We have rain it started over night and it is supposed to be clearing later on.  It really makes me want to stay in bed but its mid-morning now.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…