Skip to main content

Monday Musings

Its snowing again.  It started just as I was driving into New Haven this morning.  I had warned my Leads and Supervisors that I will be leaving the minute it gets bad.  I don't want the repeat of Friday morning.  At one point I was considering the best route to get home all realizing that it could get change at anytime.  Around quarter of three after working on the EOBS and opening the mail and refund checks I left for home.  Many had decided to stay home and many like myself left early when we heard the roads were getting bad.

There was a bus crash late this afternoon it is about 30 minutes Northeast of here.  It was a casino bus trip from Queens NY.  They were all treated at the local areas of Middlesex Hospital and YNHH.  Thankfully no one died but it created quite a mess.  It looks like it was cleared.

Went to get my bloodwork done and they didn't have my requisition from Dr. S.  So I wasted about 10 minutes for nothing.  While I was there I called them but they were not opened but called them later and they hadn't gotten my message.  So they said they would contact the doc and call me back and by 11:30 they had gotten the req sent.  Now I can do it tomorrow (that was the original time I put in for PTO).

I was able to schedule the Beth-El shelter dinner for the club today.  it took some time but we will be doing it on March 30th at 6:00 pm.  I was under the impression it would be for the residents only but according to the woman I spoke with it will also include outside community.  I told the woman it would be like it was last year.  I had to make sure there were no new policies since our last visit.  No 13 year olds or younger can operate the ovens.  They can serve but that's it.  I sen T an email with all that info and she still wanted to know if there were any more procedures.  Everything was the same from last year.

I had an early dinner of lamb chops and mixed vegetables.  As usual I ate all four of them little critters.  That would explain the extra weight on me...It was good I also had some ice cream and watched the NCIS Monday Marathon and the additions to Heroes and Icons schedule (Hercules and Xena).  It was really cool to see these shows from 20  plus years ago.

I decided I would sleep up here tonight as it would be cold once I turned the heat down and it was somewhat cold even with the heat up.  I have decided to put extra blankets on and be comfortable.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…