Skip to main content

Saturday Doings

Well with the most recent and somewhat unexpected storm behind us today should be fairly quiet weatherwise. Cold but sunny for most of the day and some clouds coming through tonight.  More sunshine it looks like for tomorrow but look out for the beginning of the week.

Today is Alexandra's birthday party in Fairfield. It is about 20 minutes from here depending on traffic.  I will meet up with my sister and her husband at their home and Liz will drive us.  She had a full on cold for the last few days so I am not so sure how she will be feeling today despite her reassurances she is feeling better.  This will be the first time I have been to my Nephew and his wife's home since they got married and eventually moved back to Connecticut from NY.  I am going to be wearing a nice outfit (at least I would like to think it is nice) my grey top and grey pants.  I am really getting a little nervous now.  I don't know how long we will be there it all depends on like I said Liz and Nelson.  I was able to get a couple of onesies for Alexandra and I hope it fits, they all like it, and it doesn't iook cheap.

Depending on when I get home I need to make the turkey loaf and cook a few things before they spoil.  I alway have told people when it comes to cooking I don't want to spend the entire weekend cooking.  It is too much time and energy.  God it sounds like I am whining.  Anyway this will be the first time I am using ground turkey for the meatloaf.  I think I have all the ingredients for now but I will have to add some of them to the next grocery list.

If I don't get to the cooking I know I have laundry to do and some letter writing and finish up the minutes from last month's 4th DIstrict meeting.  Chairman V sent me via US mail the agenda last week with otu the attendence list so I emailed him last night and he sent me one with an updated Phone tree from TM.

Of course I will also be watching my regular Saturday programming too.  I also think there is an NCIS marathon on as well.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…