One Day

According to my little countdown I have just over a day until my long weekend starts.  I am really looking forward to this weekend.  The week has been good so far but I can do some stuff long put off before the holiday starts.

Work is going well.  The whole mail thing is getting resolved and there is light starting to shine on it. It was a little slow yesterday but manage to help out with the refund check mailing.   Many people are getting sick, have been sick and finally getting over their bouts with whatever is going on.  I just hope I don't get it or it will be horrible.

I had forgotten I volunteered for the DTC New Member Outreach program and I received a list from JohnM with  a list of calls and suggestion of when to best call.  So Last night from 7 to about 8 I made these phone calls.  I had to leave messages for a few and spoke to a number of people two or three were students returning to school  after the Easter break.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and figure when the phone banking comes along I will be a pro.  IF the people I have asked to come to the district meeting do come the house is going to be full.

We also got the convention dates for the different offices.  I may have mentioned them earlier but I don't know if I can go.  I don't know if I want to travel all the way up to Hartford during the week.

Heard from Dr. T about the proposed budget.  She also asked if we were going to stay as officers.  I am but I don't know if Roberta is or not considering she might be leaving in the summer when her house is sold.  If we don't get more members and we don't get them soon there won't be any club to be in.  That would be disappointing. 

The house looks gorgeous again.  Let's see if I can keep it cleaner a bit longer this time.  I know I have to get the laundry done before the weekend.  I actually just made dinner of veal sandwiches.  That's it sandwiches. 

The kitties were pretty funny today which is a relief because for the last few days they have been a little wacky.  They seemed skittish and any loud sound made them jump and take off like a rocket.  Tonight Sky was very cuddly and head butting along with mowing as if he was looking for something.  Tiger was upstairs until about 25 minutes ago.  Now I am not sure where they are.




Comments