Thankful Thursday


  1. \I am thankful for my family warts and all.

  2. I am thankful for my friends.

  3. I am thankful for my neighbors

  4. I am thankful for my job and co-workers who are my extended family

  5. I am thankful for the Medical profession who are taking care of my health.

  6. I am thankful for the organizations I am a part of that keep me busy.

  7. I am thankful for the weather

  8. I am thankful my tire repair didn't cost more than it did.

  9. I am thankful for my kitties.

   Today is the first day of my long weekend and I had a fairly busy morning.  I got up early fed the cats and then got ready for running errands including getting the tire fixed, and doing budgetary stuff with Liz.

I left here around 8 and ran to the Credit union to 1)get some info on the account for the check ordering and 2) make sure I wasn't going crazy about the deposits (the direct deposit started this week) and to take money out for the week.

The next stop was to the Tire place and some how I managed to get there on time.  Route 1 in this area of the state can be challenging to say the least.  I got in gave them info and Armand looked at the tire and had me drive around back and drop the car off.  By then Liz had arrived. She offered breakfast at Micky D's and we headed back to her house.  It was about two and half hours later when the car was ready (I called after we finished the budgetary stuff).  We wnet and picked it up and it only cost $4 and change (that was for the balancing).  As appossed to the original $14 they had quoted and the $20 that Firestone said it would cost.

When I got to my sister's we ate first and chatted and then got started.  We started on the bills and set up next month's bills to be paid so far.  Then we worked on the credit card and transferred the balance still left on the Chase (we found out why they don't accept one account to another.).  We are waiting for acceptence.  We also ordered the checks with the additional info they needed.  Now I am all set until the next round of bills come in.  We were done by noon and got the car.

Since I have been home folding clothes, and freaking out the cats because I am not usually home during a thursday.  I realize they don't know what day it is but they wre damn cuddly today.  i also have some laundry going too.

My ankle is giving me a problem but I have taken some tylenol and it is beginning to feel better.  It feels like I either sprained it or broke it. I know its what ever I had this morning that set it off (or its the weather change).  Taking the meds semi religiously.  I may have to get more plaquenil.

I have to get a grocery list started and perhaps do it before the weekend starts.  I am pretty sure it will be nuts in the next two days in time for easter.  At least its a small list.

I got an email from Dr. T.  She wants to take Mama R out for dinner before she leaves in May.  I have to find dates that are good.  Between the conventions and regular stuff I am not sure when is a good time.  It is definitely becoming more of a reality.  I haven't heard from Mama R in the last few days either.

The weather has been changing today it was sunny and beautiful by the time I left Liz's it had gotten colder and cloudier.  By the end of the day the sun was fighting to come out and it did for just a little while.

The rest of today is going to be relaxing...Tomorrow I tackle the taxes..

Comments