Thankful Thursday


  1. I am thankful for my family warts and all.

  2. I am thankful for my friends.

  3. I am thankful for my neighbors

  4. I am thankful for my job and co-workers who are my extended family

  5. I am thankful for the Medical profession who are taking care of my health.

  6. I am thankful for the organizations I am a part of that keep me busy.

  7. I am thankful for the weather

  8. I am thankful my brother in law continues to recover from a very long and painful summer.

  9. I am thankful for my home

  10. I am thankful for the kitties

My sister has been very helpful to me since (and even before) Mom died.  She took care of Mom's estate and paid the bills for that while I took care of the monthly bills.  She recently helped me with reigning in my budget which she has strenuously reiterated that it was as whacked out or irresponsible as most people get.  We have things realigned as I call them. Her family has been wonderful to me.   I see the rest of her family when i visit them at holidays or even if they come to see her or my brother in law.  i don't call them regularly because they are living their own lives so I check on them through Liz and Nelson or through of Facebook of course.

 My brother has been trying very hard to hold to his promise to keep or better the relationship between us and I believe he has with his rare visits but his daily and weekly text messages.  I try and return the texts and I try and call him on a weekly basis but it doesn't alway happen.  I hope to get visit him sometime soon if he would want me to come down.  I don't know if I am intruding on him or not.  I have a feeling he would tell me if I was or not.  I had hoped I would keep in contact with his three kids either via email or text but it doesn't always work that way.  They all have their own lives as well.  Jim doesn't alway get to see them either.  He tries to get together with at least one of them that live closer for a meal at leat once a week.  I think he skypes with Kris every so often.

I haven't heard much from my SIL Ethel except via Facebook when she posts but I know she is still in the Phillippines according to her daughter who is happily (for the most part) living in NY with Rogier.  They are supportive of each other especially during some health scares for Diane.  She is stil recovering from those health issues and as a result  can't do what she loves the most and that is performing.  Her brothers are busy with their lives as well I keep up with them via Facebook and that I am not really pleased about that because I feel I should be doing more than that.

The rest of my famly (from both sides of the family) I keep in contact through facebook.  I haven't called any of my cousins except one or two on any occassion.  I feel i would be intruding if I did. I don't think I even talked with my aunts since Christmas and New Years and even then I didn't call one of them.  It may be time for me to write them each a letter.

My Friends Roberta and Mike are moving ahead with their new life in NC.  If you have been following my limited writings you will not they will be definitely moving on May 19th.  She really wants me to come and see them as I soon as i can.  I would love to but I would rather give them two weeks to settle in before I show up and invade them.  In the meantime we will be getting together with our fellow woman's club members in just about two weeks for dinner.  The place has yet to be decided and will depend on what Roberta chooses.  it will be good to catch up with Jolyn and of course Telka.

Roberta and Mike and I will be attending our Friend Debbie and Stan's wedding next month along with the rest of our "Mexican Train Game team mates.  It will be the second week of April and in the afternoon.  I am planning on giving them money as I have no idea what they need or want and they too are in the process of finding a new home out of state.

Something tells me that Neighbor Sylvia has decided to take her home off the market for now.  The sign that was in front of her house a few weeks ago now has been taken down.  I haven't seen her in what seems like a week or two but I did notice that the sign was gone.  I don't know what happen but maybe the selling or buying market is not well at this point.

The rest of my neighbors are doing well.  I am very grateful for all of them but especially recently one one of them stopped to see if I needed help when I had a flat tire. I was waiting on my roadside assistant provider tocome and change it for me.  It was very sweet of them.

The weather is beautiful today but that will be changing very soon.  The forecast is calling for showers and cooler temperatures overnight.   Later in the weekend is snow flurries and windy.  I am not sure if this constant change has sparked my allergy attack this week.

The woman's club/girls club had the international dinner at Beth-El Shelter yesterday and we had a full house.  We were still preparing things when some of the guests were helping themselves to food.  It was rather awkward to stop them but we wanted them to wait until we finished setting up and we were going to introduce ourselves and say a blessing.  There was one guy who was trying too hard to be funny and was annoying.  We have a fashion show this coming Saturday that should be veyr good.  Of course we will be saying good bye to Roberta as she will be moving to NC.  Our spring activities are starting to bloom quickly and hopefully we will be busy for the rest of the season.

The DTC is also starting to spring into action with the next campaign.  The new DTC committee will be sworn in  at 7:30 and that also includes voting on each district  Chairman, VC, and secretary.  I have given notice I am still interested and as of this writing running unopposed.  Then we plan for the upcoming conventions and they will be starting all in may I believe.

I am starting to get tired now and I hope tonight is not a long one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on