Skip to main content

I booked my flight

Early this morning I booked my flight to North Carolina and I got a good deal on it (price is probably a better word for it) now all that is left is getting a limo ride up to Hartford.  I just would need someone to drop me off and pick me up from the limo locations.  I am trying to figure out what is the best and cheapest to go.  If I get the limo out of new haven it looks like it will be under $100 round trip if I take it out of Milford it would be $15 to $20 more.  I can make reservations a week before the flight.  When I do I will park the car in the garage and walk over to the hotel near my office.

The kittens were not happy with me this morning.  I lured them in to the upstairs bathroom with food and tried to shut the door before they could get out and nearly clobbered poor Tiger in the head.  I had to get her again and put her in the bathroom.  As I look back not so bad.  Sky on the other hand took me about 20 minutes to get him.  Finally from under the bed I got him (after nearly falling backwards at one point on the stairs.).  My credibility as a Mama Cat is seriously low.

The reason for this endeavor was the exterminator was coming this morning and they had to be out of the way.  At one point I called and he was already done and he did both inside and out and upstairs as well. 
Now all that’s left is getting the furniture picked up from Mama’s and brought to the house. 

Liz is still working on that project as well.  Today though she is preparing for a dinner at her home and she needs to focus on that.  My secret hope is she is able to do it tomorrow if not I am not sure when.

The music world lost another of its members.  Prince was found dead today.  He was 57.   I have heard he had the flu last week and apparently was a lot sicker than he thought.  


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…