Mid-Week Reflection

It has been a pretty busy week so far and will continue to be so for the rest of it. 
The end of last week brought a DTC annual event and a weekend full of activity.

Saturday I spent the day with a fellow University employee in New Haven and explored places I don’t normally get to see and places I don’t usually see.  The conversations were enlightening and I enjoyed myself.  I was tired by the time I got home.  The weather held nicely as well.
Sunday was my friend’s wedding and it was lovely.  It was my first time in a Synagogue.  I can’t say it was my first Jewish wedding as my friend Roberta’s Daughter got married and it was mixed wedding.  Again the weather was lovely.

Work is okay.  Been busy but things are starting to heat up with the labor negotiations.  We got word from the Administration the Med School has budget cuts throughout the school and they can affect many things.  The union is countering our campaign as part of the negotiations.  There is an area lunch meeting tomorrow.  I don’t know if I should be overly concerned or not.  It could be just a tactic in the contract negotiations. 

I have to take some time off from work tomorrow for a wake.  The wake itself starts at 4 and it’s for a dear friend’s father.  I wanted to go early so I can be ready for my friend Roberta’s dinner.  I also put in for my vacation for early July.

Tonight is the General Meeting for the Woman’s Club and Girls Club.  We will be discussing lots of things such as the budget, elections, and past activities.  I talked with Dr. T yesterday about issues that concerned me about the members of the girls club.   The girls do not always follow through on commitments they make and it is a real problem with me.

Thursday we are having a farewell dinner for Mama Roberta at Plan B restaurant in town.  It will be bittersweet because we don’t always get together outside of the club without the girls.  We have had a few adult only parties.  Sadly it may be the last.  As I said to Papa Mike I believe the club will fold due to lack of membership.

I am also going to start preparations for the 4th District meeting next week.  I have already asked some people to bring things because we are expecting a large number of members this time.  Earlier this month we had a outreach project and it worked and we sent on and received responses to come to the meeting.  We have a few things coming up over the next few weeks involving the election.  We have conventions to sign up for (I am a delegate runner up).


However this weekend I am hoping to just concentrate on overdue letters to friends. I am also going to do some volunteering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited