Skip to main content

Mid Week Reflection

It has been kind of hard for me to write this week.  There are times I try and write while at work but the last couple of days have been busy with my daily routine.  By the time I get home I am tired and by the time I get to bed I just don’t feel like writing.  As it is I should be getting ready for work.

The end of last week brought the 4th District to my house and it went well and lasted until 9:30.  We basically talked about things going on in town and the upcoming conventions starting in May.  None It looks like I am attending which is good because things look like they are going to be busy the first weeks of May anyway.

Friday my “new” furniture came by way of my sister and her friends.  According to them it was incredibly heavy and they moved my old stuff into the garage.  Saturday my sister and I cleaned the new stuff and rearranged it and it looks great.  It is very comfortable and the kitties seem to like.  They haven’t tried scratching it but I have also gotten some scratching deterrent that will work.

My brother came up for a one day visit.  He got here just in time for us to finish up the cleaning.  We had lunch together and then his afternoon was filled with visiting friends and dinner with some of them as well.  Sunday he did some stuff and then stopped home for his things and took off for home.  He will be home in late May for the Scholarship presentation.

Sunday I went out and started preparations for a new storm door.  I got it from Home Depot and someone will be out next week to measure the old door and doorway to and then we will order the one I want.  This one has a self-storing screen which is much better than the one now.  You have to take out the inserts and struggle with them every time the season changes.

The rest of the week I have a meeting tonight and I am not sure but I think I have a Benlysta infusion tomorrow.  The rest of the weekend is quiet.

I haven’t seen hide or hair of the Tabby I mentioned last weekend.  The last time we saw him was Sunday Morning.  My hope is he went back to his forever home.

Now I do have to get ready for work.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…