Skip to main content

Monday Musings

It is a bit of shower day.  It wasn't too cold that I needed the heavy coat but it was chilly enough that you needed something.  It was much nicer when I left and when I got home I opened some windows.  The rain started around 6 and hasn't stopped.

I was so proud that I was all ready for work by 7.  I got up my regular time and did the my shtick.  Once the cats were fed and watered I laid down until 6:30.  It took me 7 minutes to do a shower and dress.  I sat with the kitties for a bit and the TV and then got my things together and went out the door.  I didn't realize until I was getting out of the car I had forgotten my book bag with the appointment book and check register in it. Luckily I have no checks to write out.

Work was kind of low key.  I spent most of the morning doing the refund checks.  Sometimes i think Monday's are low key and then now and then its Boom heavy volume.  My Guardian Angel was out today so I had to make the rounds to finance and get the mail from the lobby.  Once I finished the mail went back to the Refund checks.

We had gotten an email blast from the head admin of the Med school about budgetary cuts and that sent a panic through the office.  We see it for what it is and we were given hand outs shortly by the stewards to calm and to inform everyone.

I have been checking the status of the My Tax refund and the federal was excepted and I may have told you they were having an issue with a date so I mailed my State Income Tax. I forgot to do it Wednesday and the mailman never came to my door on Thursday so I mailed on Saturday.  That should come to me in a few weeks.

Going to bed as soon as i can...


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…