Thankful Thursday

It’s that time again. 
1.       I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.      I am thankful for my kitties
3.      I am thankful for my job
4.      I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.      I am thankful for my neighbors
6.      I am thankful for my home
7.      I am thankful for my friends
8.      I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9.      I am thankful I got the taxes done
10.   I am thankful for the weather.

I talked with Liz yesterday w discussed the results of my tax preparation.  She had asked if I got frustrated and just went on ahead instead of going back to HR Block.   I thought about this after we got off the phone and I found myself getting annoyed because she seems hell bent on pointing out when I get frustrated or angry at things.  It is the same kind of “game” Mom played.  They don’t want to see me react and dismiss whatever I am getting annoyed at as being ‘No big deal’.  They are my emotions and I have a right to them.  (This would be the “warts” part.)

My brother sent a text w/picture of a state of the art cat brush that will make the cats hair shiny and the cats like it (unlike the ones I have the kids bite them) but it costs $50.  I love my cats but that’s a little too pricey. 

Jim will be coming up (or make effort) to be here for the Scholarship Presentation in late May.  I gave him the heads up last week when Chairman Rich mentioned it at the meeting last week.  It will be great to see him.  I can probably look forward to a few “this is what I want YOU to do” conversations while he is here.

Work is going okay.  Work load varies from day to day.  Somedays it feels like a lot and some days I am thinking there isn’t a lot to do.  We have had some returning co-workers and some who have suffered a loss of a parent.  The labor Contract Negotiations continue.  The first item is Job Security.  One department is being threatened with outsourcing their jobs.

I am planning on taking some time off at the end of June beginning of July.  I always worry it can be a bad time.   Its FY end as well as Month end for AR and it will be (supposedly) the time we will be moving to our new and undisclosed location.

This weekend will be a weekend with friends.  On Saturday I will be meeting Siduri in New Haven and we will be going to exploring the city we work in and have lunch too.  Siduri is also a fellow University employee and it will be fun to getting to know her. 

Sunday is my friends Debbie and Stan’s Wedding and it will be enjoyable.  I will be meeting their other friends that we don’t get to see at all.  I suspect or at least I hope I will get to see our Mexican Train Game friends at this time. 

The Woman’s club has been keeping me a little busy we had our fashion show last week and except for a couple of things it went exceedingly well.  The issues I have are with the girls who don’t follow through on their commitments.   I am probably the only one who has this issue.  The Creative Writing contest deadline is fast approaching and it will culminate with a reception at City Hall in Mid-May.  We have elections coming up and a number of other activities before finishing up for the year.  We don’t usually have meetings during the summer but we do have other activities such as carwashes, picnics, and parties.

We will be saying good bye to our Charter Member and Treasurer Roberta this year as she and her husband will be moving to North Carolina next month.  Members of the woman’s club will be getting together for one final dinner next week. 


Well that’s it for now..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on