Skip to main content

miserable day

I was a couple of minutes late for work today and about five minutes after that we got word there was a Human Resources meeting.  Luckily it wasn’t just for me but it was worrisome because it was about Lay-offs.  I made a couple of mistakes while inputting information for the refund checks.   It was basically a follow up and their seeking “help” from us and to update.
For the first time in many months there were only two of us in the aisle and the supervisor.  It is an issue for the management as well.  It's one of many things that is a concern for them.  By 3:15 I was the only one in the aisle.  It was very weird.  
In my last entry I mentioned my Alma Maters.  I received an email from the President of Endicott College in Beverly MA on the heels of the tragic accident of a student who was killed.  Sadly he was the passenger and the driver it was drunk driving and in the email President gave high praises to the Endicott community coming together in strength.  Grief counselors were there this week.
Linden Hall was the Host of the annual Reunion Weekend.  Several alumni posted to Facebook videos on the chapel vespers.  There were also pictures  of two of my Classmates with administrator P Sullivan.  She looks great and she has been a mentor and supporter of all of the women who walked through the halls of Linden Hall.  There were the dinners and reunions throughout the weekend.  I wish I had been able to go but it wasn’t feasible.
Live Oaks Alumni group received an announcement that a wonderful music teacher Martha Mahoney passed away in upstate CT.  I do remember her and I have met up with her recently at some function. I think it may have even been at the Creative Writing contest the club sponsors.
The only news I get about Southern Connecticut State University seems to be their sports program.  I guess I will have to keep looking.
The latest news from Foran is how two sisters are leading fundraisers to raise money to help prevent drug abuse in the Milford youth.  They lost a sister when she OD’d on Heroin.
My arm is hurting tonight so I haven’t done much of the cleaning out of the bedroom.  I still have a couple of nights to do them.  
In the meantime I need to go to bed...


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…