Thankful THursday


1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.

2.            I am thankful for my friends.

3.            I am thankful for my neighbors

4.            I am thankful for my job and co-workers who are my extended family

5.            I am thankful for the Medical profession who are taking care of my health.

6.            I am thankful for the organizations I am a part of that keep me busy.

7.            I am thankful for the weather

8.            I am thankful for my home.

9              I am thankful for my kitties.



I heard from Jim the other day says he wasn’t feeling well.  I checked in with him the next day and he was feeling better.  He must not have been feeling well during the weekend after I talked with him.  He has been visiting a dying friend in the hospital for several weeks (when he didn’t come to visit me) and I think it has taken a toll.  I just hope he can make the trip up for the scholarship presentation at the end of the month.

My sister has been great.  She and Nelson ordered the new window for the window at the bottom of the stairs on the side of the house and it will be here in a few weeks.  We also discussed the upcoming visit from the Lawyer and contractor.  She acknowledged it will be a little invasive because no one wants to be judged or whatever.  He isn’t going to tell me how to live.  We will also go over the “books” she feels I am doing fine but just to keep it in order.  I just to write revise the ledger as I didn’t write a few things down in the last couple of days.

I am thankful that my Neighbor Don came over to let me know I left the headlights on again last night.  If he hadn’t I wouldn’t have gotten to work on time and I would have to shell out some $$ to get it started.  The rest of the neighbors are doing well.  I have a new neighbor though I haven’t seen him yet but some of you might know him if you follow the Montreal farm team or even the Maple Leafs.  He is from Milford too.

As you may or may not know we had HR meeting yesterday and it was basically about the budget cuts.  It really didn’t answer any or many questions and it made many even angrier and worried.  Some felt it was an intimidation tactic.  There is a Union Rally this afternoon and it is supposed to be a big one.  If the weather is cooperating it will be outside if not it will be inside. 

Sadly my co-worker Tina B lost her father last night.  There is a collection going around and I will have made a contribution by the time you read this.  For some reason my reaction was unexpected I got upset about it.



My house in my eyes looks great even though there are things that are in need of repairing or replacing.  On Saturday Mom’s estate lawyer is coming by with a “contractor” and just giving it a look over.  When I told Jim about it over the weekend his reaction was less than favorable.  But if there are things the estate can pay for then I am for it.  I will not allow him to dictate to me but I am willing to accept suggestions.

The woman’s club is going to be sort of busy in the next few weeks.  We are hoping to have a farewell picnic/party for our friend and fellow club mate who is moving to North Carolina in over two weeks.  We have the annual Creative Writing Contest reception next week and many other year end activities.

Right now I need to get ready for work….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

I was wondering why