Mid Week Reflection

Another beautiful Day in the Nutmeg State.  It is supposed to stay this way for the next several days.  I may even try and get out and attempt some walking.

Yesterday was the employee appreciation event on the main/old campus and there was some question as to whether or not we can go for longer than our lunch time.  Some believed that we should be able to go on the University’s time and not use our time.  I went for an hour and half.  I got back by 1.  The food was pretty good but more importantly I got to see people I haven’t seen in a long while.  I was hoping to get to see Tina but didn’t.  The rest of the day passed without incident.  I wasn’t able to get everything done but what I didn’t finish yesterday I did today.

My session with Courtney was   pretty good.  According to her scale I only gained .4 lbs.  We talked about having proteins and which kind to have instead of just cheese since it seems to be a weakness for me.  She suggested that instead of having the 4 lamb chops to cut to two and freeze the others and have the vegetable and/ or salad.  Well I didn’t have the salad but I had everything else and have the other two ready to be reheated tonight.  I did add some butter to the vegetables.

After dinner I headed over to Liz’s to spend time with her and the kids.  They are leaving on Friday to head back to Fort Mills SC.  Last night was Jason’s turn to have grandma to himself while his sister spent time with my nephew and his girlfriend.  They spent the day at Indian Well State Park.  I was able to enjoy watching them have a water balloon fight with Liz as well.

On the way home I stopped at Shop-Rite and got some ice cream.  I want to prove to myself and the world I can have it but in moderation.  It’s not starting off well I must tell you. I will keep trying.

The kitties are in the dog house today.  Between yesterday and today they seemed to have peed (I witnessed that one) and pooped outside the box.  I can’t believe Tiger would do this …I saw her squatting as I went to pick up the mattress cover to soak it.  She was peeing on it.  One of them missed the box entirely this morning.   Clearly these things (the boxes) need a good cleaning.

I have to clean up the mess I left this morning myself.  I was trying to get the soaking cover and the container to the washing machine but I discovered it was dripping water all over the floor and I nearly dropped it at the opening of the machine onto the floor.  I covered up the stuff that was on the floor so the kitties wouldn’t get to it.  I will have to finish it when I get home tonight. 

I ordered some coffee for Work and some tea for home and it should be here sometime early next week.  It was about $50.  It should hold me until my trip in just under 2 weeks.

I made reservations for a private car to take me to Bradley airport on the day I leave for my trip.  They will be picking me up at 4:30.  There will be someone waiting for me upon my return trip a week later.    


Well I have some stuff to do so I will chat with you later…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on