Skip to main content

Saturday doings

Was up early thanks to sky.  He was getting rather impatient for breakfast he would swipe at my mouth with his claws. Now I know how Jim must have felt when his Kitten did the same thing in the past.  I got up and did my routine.  Bathroom, litterboxes, feed the masses, and napped on the couch in front of the TV.  I also started to empty dishwasher as I left the kitchen a mess last night.

Peapod came this morning and not all that pleased with the results.  The guy left with a few things and had to come back and then discovered that I didn’t get two of the items.  I had ordered bananas and more Boboli pizza crusts.  I had to call customer service number and talked to a Doug and he helped me out.  Took the prices of those off the bill.  It’s not like they haven’t done it before (a few things over the last few deliveries didn’t come because it was out of stock and they don’t charge for it) but this was slightly different.   

The kitties went into hiding until about 8:30-9 this morning when Peapod arrived.  For some reason I felt the need to go find them and I couldn’t find them until I came out of the bathroom when I found sky in the hall.  About an hour later Tiger came out.  Now they are probably sitting in the fading sun somewhere.

I have to tell you I saw something really unexpected.  I know that Tiger is usually the one to get into the recliner (or under it) and sleep for most of the day (the one by the big window) but last night I watched Sky do it to the one I sit in most of the time and started his clawing so I shooed him out of there and sprayed it with the repellent.  Neither of them have gone back to doing it.  It would explain why they haven’t climbed up on to it recently.

It is a really chilly morning again.  In some ways it’s nice and some not so much.  The sun is starting to fade from the sky and it’s supposed to get really raining late this afternoon.  It should last until mid-evening tonight and then sunny and windy tomorrow.

The laptop is nearly drained of power so I am going to post and then clean the kitchen and then do as I planned with the pen pal letters.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…


I am very tired right now.  I ended up sleeping on the couch last night when I saw a creepy crawly centipede (long legged type) on the ceiling and my boy trying to attack it.  I don’t know if he ever got it but I did look when I came up to get dress.  I didn’t see it.
I am feeling pleased with myself this morning (toot toot).  I finally made the tomato sauce I have been wanting to make for the past two weeks from All  It wasn’t all that hard to do. I started preparing it around 5 and turn it on as I was leaving.  It should be ready by the time I get home.  I posted about it on FB…My cousin’s Wife Becky liked it.
Work has been good so far busy as usual.  I checked in with LAS and she told me the services for FC are on Thursday I found the obituary but it is completed yet.  I will be taking the morning off and I may come back by lunch time.  It will be in Cheshire.
I found out that starting this week until we are caught up I will be scanning every Thursday and Friday all day.…