Skip to main content

Mid Week Reflection

It is a much different weather day than in the last few days.  For the last two it’s been comfortable and pleasant.  From what I hear it will change for the weekend. That’s something to be aware of when I am getting ready for the Vet visit on Saturday.

I have had the cat carrier in the living room since the attempted visit two weeks ago.  It has been near the staircase (and not far from the front door).  Last night I decided to open the cash door so they could get used to it.  My plan is to feed him and then put him in the crate by 7 or 8.  This time I should put him in the shower stall like I did when they both needed meds.  His appointment is at 10.  I hope to be a little more successful with this approach then last time. 

The kitties have been pretty funny to watch and I always wonder what is going on through their heads.  At times they seek out my attention either for food or love then they do their own thing by sitting at the windows, back doors and watching the world they can’t be in.  I revel in the moments I will call them from the window while outside and Sky came.  He sleeps with me at night for several hours but last night before settling down he ran around like a mad hatter while Tiger seems to scatter anytime I go to pet her.  She does let me pet her sometimes but it can be discouraging. 

My cell phone is still out of commission.  I can hear it ring, do the alarms, and bells but it won’t light up and can’t see the screen.  So I am heading to AT&T this afternoon and seeing what can be done.  I tried to keep it in the rice overnight and it didn’t do anything for it.  So I can’t take pictures, send text messages or anything with it.

I talked with Liz for our annual weekly chat.  She is feeling better but not 100%.  We talked about health, the house, kitties, phone, and family stuff.

She was asking me about what contractor/handyman Bill has to do for me.  I explained I don’t have his number and have been contact Lawyer Bob who in turn called her.  WTF?  These kinds of actions make me not want to talk with him or waste my time.  I gave him numbers to reach me.  I explained to him my cell wasn’t working.  Why do you need to check with her???  So much for treating me like a viable adult.  I can’t wait until he retires (and I thought it was going to be soon).

I sent emails to Jim to let him know about the cell phone but I can easily contact him through messenger from home.  Wednesdays are his day off so he usually uses it for errands that he can’t do during the rest of the time. 
Everyone else is doing okay…


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…