Skip to main content

Monday Musings

Today starts the National Republican Convention in Ohio.  As a Democratic person I should be interested in what they have planned but I haven’t been listening to Donald Trump and every time I do not understand him.  As Joanie and I said he is a bully and he doesn’t have what it takes to run a country.  The Democratic Convention is next week and I should definitely be following it but it bores me.    May be it is time I actually follow it.

It was very humid and sunny until midafternoon.  There was a thunderstorm watch/alert for this afternoon and happily it came.  I was trying to post pictures that I took before my cell phone died again.  It is still cloudy and a little cooler now but not that much.

As I mentioned the cell phone fell into the toilet yesterday it worked for a while after I dried it all off and worked for most of today but can’t see but here the bells and whistles.  I wished I had it to take a picture of Woody the woodchuck sitting on the back steps before the rain started.  It has been hanging around for the last couple of days.  I think it has made a home under the back room.  Some point this week I will have to get a new phone.

Work went well.  I spent most of the day working on refund checks and a little bit on the mail.  The man who smashed the stain glass window is now asking for his job back after resigning last month.  Apparently he misunderstood what would be happening.  He asked Local 35 to help him get his job back. 

Tomorrow I see Dr. Sonia and hopefully get the application for the parking tag to mail out.  I hadn’t picked it up since my last visit. 

I had spaghetti for dinner and now I am going to bed.

ps if you don't see the picture check out my fb page.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…