Skip to main content

Sunday Afternoon

The Peapod arrived just after 11:30 but I didn’t see a text alert or the email to let me know.  I see the furry behind of Tiger who must have been sleeping under the sofa this morning running up the stairs. 

I don’t know if I should complain much but the first thing the guy did was to park in the neighbor’s driveway.  Granted he didn’t know that it was not mine if you look at it quickly you could easily think it belonged to the house.  I asked him to move and he did.  The couple of things that I got were either crushed (cereal boxes, and some of the frozen dinners).  It isn’t the first time but I don’t want it to become regular occurrence.  I have already started my next list.

Once the food was put away I made my standard steak lunch with no additional foods.  I was thinking of what to do for future meals and I was thinking of making meatloaf.  It has been a while but while watching Pioneer Woman I saw how easy it looked and figured I would do it again.  Unfortunately it was too hot for me to be cooking so I haven’t done anything yet.

Bingo went well I managed to get there very early and helped set up and we managed to start on time.  We had sixteen residents and almost all of them one.  Some even won a couple of times.  In one of the earlier games I had four winners.  I haven’t had that happen in like years!

I got home a little after 3 and laid down and watched TV.  I fell asleep a good long time.  Sky came down from his spot and had been wandering and meowing.  Tiger who laid down under the night table came down around 5.  They are just ambling around right now.

I am very excited to read I had a reply from a member of Ann Campbell of The Fuquay-Varina Woman's Club.  She thanked me for encouraging Mama Roberta to contact them.  She told me there are clubs closer to her and they will point her in that direction.  I am very glad this will be moving ahead.

I watered the lawn around 7.  I was sorely tempted to stand out there and get wet.  I have a shower for that.    I may just take a cold shower and hunker down to watch the Star Trek 5 on Heroes and Icons.

Well I am going to say good night for now…


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …